It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2002, 10:00 PM   #1

cincin HB User
Post face problem

Hi, I have major problem. Something is wrong with my face. I don't know how to put this, am a girl 100% but my problem is my face look exactly like a guy. Can any body tell me what is wrong with me. I went to ob/gyn doctor to have my hormone level check but he said I don't need to because I don't have hot flashes or anything like that he said only when am 50 or older then I need to have it check. I feel so ashame of myself. I cried every night. Why!!! Help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2002, 08:36 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
FIND A NEW DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any doc who won't take your concerns seriously is not the doc for you. If you feel you need your hormone levels checked then there is no reason at all for him not to check them for you. You do not have to wait until you are 50 for this by any means. Talk some of your friends to find out who they like for a doc and make an appointment to see the doc and get your medical records transferred. Your concerns and health issues should be your docs first priority.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2002, 11:06 AM   #3
Inactive

1Dove HB User
What a terrible and ignorant doctor! Yes, you must consult another doctor, and get your hormones checked. There are certain hormonal conditions that can change your appearance, and must be treated. And they don't just occur in people over 50. Many people are affected in their 20s and 30s and even younger.

Old 11-20-2002, 04:04 PM   #4

gwle HB User
Were you born this way? If so, then it is straight genetics! You really can't change it unless you go to a really good plastic surgeon. Blame it on your parents.

Old 11-21-2002, 07:19 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
GWLE is just as uncaring as the posters doc was. The very least that can be done is find a new doc who will help you try to figure all of this out.

Old 11-24-2002, 07:03 PM   #6
(female)

Heartsy HB User
Smile

It is very inportant that you see an OB/GYN doctor that is a woman. They will understand much more than a man will.

Old 11-27-2002, 07:56 PM   #7

EcoPunk HB User
Find a new doctor! You don't need hot flashes to have your hormones checked! What they will probably do is put you on the pill for more estrogen, just to get your levels up. I don't know if it will change your looks, it may. What a stupid doctor. And to think that person went thru how many years of college for that.

Old 11-28-2002, 05:15 AM   #8
Veteran

buck58 HB User
It never fails to amaze me the amount of UNSYMPATHTHETIC DOCTORS out there! But I won't get started again. I've wrote plenty on this subject on this board. In short, find another doctor sweety.
buck

Old 11-30-2002, 02:57 PM   #9
(male)

j_tuc HB User
cincin, did you mean that you have facial hair like that of a man? I don't really know exactly what you mean by your face looks exactly like a guy? If there is no hair on your face, it seems to me that you may be able to work with a good cosmetologist to change hairstyle, eyebrows, make-up etc. to get a more feminine look. I do agree with the others if it is a hormonal thing like facial hair, that a different doc would be in order. Don't dispair, either way you have a problem that can be dealt with.

Closed Thread