It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2002, 02:56 PM   #1

China jGirl HB User
Unhappy Sweaty Underarms

People I have had it. I can't take this sweating any longer. No matter where I am or what I'm doing....I'm SWEATING!! No matter how hot/cold I am...I'm SWEATING! HELP Please. I know that I have hyperhidrosis and I've tried all kinds of deoderants, every kind known to man and have even ordered some off the internet but they stung, burned or made my underarms itch so bad that I couldn't stand it. I have messed up and put money into more shirts, blouses than I care to think of and I need relief. I hate the way it feels when I'm sweating and then I have to put my arms down and the coldness against my body just feels so disgusting. If anyone has any suggestion they would be grately appreciated. Thanx, your sweaty friend, China Girl

[This message has been edited by China jGirl (edited 11-15-2002).]

Old 11-15-2002, 04:13 PM   #2
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
Find a Dr.who knows about over active sweat glands,It might help......

[This message has been edited by SnowyLynne (edited 11-15-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2002, 10:47 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Yes you need to see the doc about this and quite wasting your money on things that don't work. The doc will be able to help you so may the appointment and get on with your life.

Old 11-20-2002, 08:03 AM   #4
(male)

Kiltee HB User
I know that Botox is an effective anti-perspirant treatment, but it's expensive and the administration of it is time consuming (an injection into every follicle, I believe). It's also extreme and has had nasty side-effects on people in the past... I'd check with the doctor.

Old 11-20-2002, 09:38 AM   #5

King of the Americas HB User
Interestingly enough, I can't sweat...due to my spinal cord injury.

I have to take a mister bottle out with me, if I am going to be out in the Texas heat for even a short period of time, or I could suffer severe heat stroke.

This reminds me of the movie "Unbreakable", wherein one guys suffers from very breakable bones, and the other guy is almost indestructable. Each landing on complete opposite end of a spectrum.

Such that YOU sweat too much, and me not at all.

Weird stuff.

Old 11-20-2002, 03:20 PM   #6

gwle HB User
Sorry to hear about your condition China girl. At least you don't have total body sweat like me!!! I sweat just like you but from every freaking inch of my body!!! Facial sweat, scalp sweat, back sweat, chest sweat, arm sweat, leg sweat....you name it I got it!!! I would kill just to have underarm sweat. At least you can conceal yours for a short time. Its kinda hard to have a conversation with someone when your face is sweating bullets and it looks like you just ran a marathon. There are a few doctors that treat this particular problem. Just make sure you treat the right thing though. Excessive sweating can be a result of hyperhidrosis or it could stem from Hyperthyroidism. To check to see if it is hyperthyroidism or not, check with an endocrinologist. If you're in the clear, then look up a good thoraic surgeon such as Dr. Jim Garza of Houston, TX. He specializes in hyperhidrosis and even suffers from a mild form of it himself. He has his own website. If you type in a search for him, you can find the site. Hope this helps.

Old 11-20-2002, 03:37 PM   #7

China jGirl HB User
Thanx for the replies guys. gwle thank you so much for the advice because i never thought that it could be anything else by hypohidrosis, so that's something else that i need to look into. I'm sorry that you have such a terrible sweating problem as well, but compared to you...I guess I shouldn't be complaining. As the old adage goes "There is always someone else that would love to be in your shoes." Thanx again and take care and let me know if you ever find a solution for yourself.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:18 AM   #8

stillgotit HB User
Cool

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR YEARS.I WOULD SWEAT FROM MY UNDERARMS DOWN TO MY WAIST.I WENT TO OUR OLD FAMILY DOCTOR AND HE SAID HE HAD JUST READ ABOUT IT IN A BOOK THE NIGHT BEFORE.HE PRESCRIBED DRYSOL.IT ONLY COST ABOUT 10 DOLLARS,EVEN IF YOU DON`T HAVE INSURANCE.PUT IT ON AS PRESCRIBED AND THE TIMES YOU HAVE TO APPLY IT BECOMES FEWER.15 YEARS LATER AND I ONLY HAVE TO APPLY IT ONCE EVERY 6 MONTHS.THIS STUFF WORKS.

Closed Thread