It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2002, 05:44 AM   #1

B-Jean HB User
Unhappy after upper gi series

I had an upper GI series on tuesday-2 hours after I came home the barium ran right thru me(thought it was suppose to cause constipation!) Well it did'nt stop there I now have cloudy urine which started yesterday afternoon. My left side of my stomach has been very painful ever since-plus my whole stomach does'nt feel right! The reason I had the upper GI series is becuz I have unexplained constant pain in my right side that radiates into my back. Just wondered if anyone else experienced this after an upper GI?
Thanks for any replies!!!!
B-Jean
from Wisconsin-not Chicago

Old 12-05-2002, 08:45 AM   #2

LoriMC HB User
Did you call your doctor about this? This doesn't sound right to me. I have had several UGI's and have never had anything like that happen. And yes you're right - the barium usually has a constipating effect, which is why you should have been told to increase your fluid intake over the next 48-72 hours. I'd call the doc. Good luck.

------------------
Praising Him,
Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2002, 10:16 AM   #3
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
That doesn't sound normal to me either.I've had several upper GI's done,It takes longer for the barium to exit....Call the Dr......

------------------
SnowyLynne

Old 12-06-2002, 06:27 AM   #4

B-Jean HB User
Thanks for the replies!
I did talk to my doc yesterday afternoon-he said sometimes that happens http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif My upper GI results were normal. My urine test came back positive for Urinary tract infection-possibly into my kidneys becuz of my back pain. I was put on strong antibiotics and they want to check it again next week. Am worried becuz my mother ended up with a kidney removed-plus I had trouble with my kidneys when I was pregnant(was hospitalized) I think the infection might have started when I had a catheter when I was hospitalized in Oct. for possible heart problems. They did an angiogram http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif Was diagnosed with angina. Sorry for getting off track! Anyway am hoping the antibiotics do the trick. Maybe the UTI is a blessing in disguise-will explain the pain in my right side and back!
Sorry so long of a post!
Thanks again, B-Jean

Closed Thread