It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2002, 07:10 PM   #1

TooTall HB User
Question Tardy Ulnar Palsy?

About two years ago I woke up one morning with a "make ya want to scream pain" down my left arm.After the normal run around from doctor to test to doctor I ended up at an ortho surgeon.
He said bad disc in my neck and wanted to do surgery.
While waiting for my surgery date the company I worked for went under along with my insurance, therefor no surgery.
About a year ago I got insurance back and had to start over again with new primary care doctor and work my way back up.
In the meen time, the pain down my arm has changed to numb pinky and ring finger with pain sometimes down my arm but severe pain in my neck which gets to the point I can't even stand my coat collar touching it.
I went to a neurosurgical office and here is what the man said in his report. Which is what I'm trying to find out what it means in this long drawn out way. Sorry.
MRI of the cervical spine revealed C6/7 left disc protrusion with some deformation of the cervical cord at that level.
Cervical degenerative disc disease with chronic C7 rot syndrome, left; possible tardy ulnar palsy and narrow spinal canal.
PCP has sent me to a pain clinic and they are trying to keep me going but I would like to know what is going on. The surgeon wouldn't explain more than I needed the surgery but he put in the report that surgery wouldn't give me any pain relief, fealing in my fingers and "the likelihood of a motor recovery is small"
Thanks for any replys,
Any other symtoms and past I need to add just ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread