It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2002, 08:01 PM   #1

LilSmalls HB User
Post dry head

for the past few year i've had this dry patch on the back of my head, under my head. it flakes off and is really annoying because its becomming a nervous habbit to play in my hair now that it is long. i think it a case of really bad drandruf.. but i dunno.. it just in one spot and i think its starting to spread but i've had it for almost 3 years now and tried tons of new shampoos and contioner. i had a friend once do my hair and she noticed it. while doing my hair she notcied it became more flakey and kinda bloody GROOOSSSSSSS!!!!!
any ideas?
what it is, what to do with it?
thanks

Old 12-08-2002, 10:10 PM   #2

LilSmalls HB User
i looked up psoriasis on the web and found it to be rather interesting because it says it flares up under stress and what not, i've had this for about 2 years straight now. I really hope i am not that stressed out. also i read that you can get it in your joints, which really worries me because i've been having probelms with my knees for the past month and 1/2 and i'm only 20. hehe.. If you could please i would really like to hear some of your ideas on helping it. because it is being a nervoud habbit to play with my hair.
thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2002, 10:58 PM   #3
Inactive

Melamom HB User
It is called seborrheic dermatitis and if you go see your doc they can prescribe a special shampoo that will take care of it. My son had this this summer and the shampoo worked well. Many people at the nursing home I work at have it too and require the shampoo. If you want to get it taken care of see the doc for the prescription shampoo.

Closed Thread