It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
Inactive

Spazey HB User
Question Early Satiety

Posted a few times with no replies, so I thought I would try again. I've been going to a 'Dietitian' for about 2 months now, trying to work on gaining some weight. With genetics in mind, I am 5'1 and 89lbs. She's been great, I have put on two pounds, and keeping track of what I have been eating is a great way to keep motivated. I eat more, and I eat BETTER !

Now last week about this time, I suddenly lost my appetite, and it's normal with me to have that once in awile, but it's been a week and I go on maybe one small meal a day now... I usually wake up hungry, but beyond trying to 'STUFF' down something, I am not hungry AT ALL the rest of the day.

Now what else I have noticed it Premature fullness when I do eat, and bloating, which will last 3-4 hrs, then it dies down and I might get hungry again. So again, I STUFF the food down (feels like my throat is locked) I go thru the same process depending on the quantity.

For reference, no unusual pains, or fever. Bowels have been normal. I am a little, I mean LITTLE more gassy, but nothing out of the ordinary. Got nauseated a couple times after being really full, but nausea is not uncommon with me (panic). I've never been a big eater obviously, but I was tripling my intake last week from this week. I am kinda scared ...Any ideas ?

Thanks in Advance...

Old 12-09-2002, 05:47 AM   #2
Inactive

Melamom HB User
Have you discussed this with your dietician? Since you were not a big eater before it could be that your body is taking a while to get used to the increased food intake. As for the gas and bloating..............do you notice this with any particular types of foods as certain types of foods are known to produce gassiness and bloating. You can always try the gas relieving drops that you put on your food. Also you may need to consider 5-6 smaller meals a day instead of eating so much at one sitting. Either way discuss this with your dietician since she knows your personal history and let her help you decide if your problems should be evaluated by a doctor or not. The nausea part is what makes me think she may want you to see a doc as this is not something people usually have for no reason at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread