It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2002, 11:15 PM   #1
Inactive

Spazey HB User
Post Flank Pain

Hi there, I have been expierencing what seems to be Flank Pain, in and around my middle back. Now I have always had sore/aching back muscles cause by poor muscle structure and overexertion.....but this pain is different. I hope to get to the doctor soon, but until then I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. The pain is not constant, as it comes and goes...I was thinking Kidney's but I have had this pain for over 3 weeks with no huge increase in pain or symptoms. All I can think of is my urine tends to be somewhat cloudy, no pain, no burning...sometimes bright yellow (which I think is caused by my lack of liquid intake) ...and most importantly NO FEVER which I would think would prove it all. Any ideas ?? Feedback would be apprieciated. Cheers.

Old 11-25-2002, 08:46 AM   #2

LoriMC HB User
Hope you get to a doc soon. Could be several things, kidneys being one. Could be related to spinal problem (disc, muscle), or could be referred pain from other internal organs (spleen, intestine, gallbladder). Good luck.

------------------
Praising Him,
Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2002, 09:11 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Flank pain with cloudy urine and burning on urination are all signs of a UTI. See your doc before this goes septic and get treated. Also always be sure to drink adequate amount of fluids. Many people have the notion that if they drink more they will have to urinate more often and that is not generally true. If you drink more your bladder will be fuller when do have to urinate so that you empty out better and thus don't have to go so often. It also helps to flush out bacteria by drinking plenty of fluids especially water and and that will help prevent UTI's.

Old 12-12-2002, 12:03 AM   #4

danamae25 HB User
I just went to the ER with severe flank pain. I thought at first it was a bladder infection. All I had to do was pee in a cup. They did a urine dip and found blood. Kidney infection. Antibiotic and it's gone. I didn't have a fever either. I was taking ibuprofen for the pain. If you are also that could be why you don't have a fever. It could be really dangerous. You need to get to the doctor asap!

Closed Thread