It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2002, 11:21 PM   #1

pio HB User
Unhappy losing hope.....please help

I cannot go on living in a constant fog...I cannot comprehend my surroundings or articulate my thoughts...nothing makes sense to me anymore.. im also in constant pain.
Please help me...if there is anyone with any info or advice i need it now more than ever.
I believe my feelings can be attributed to a stroke..
Approximately 10 months ago, I awoke with a strange stiffness/tightness sensation in my head. Not at all present the night before, this newly developed pressure enveloped my entire head -- it was most prominent in the forehead, the sides and in the upper neck region. Accompanying the physical sensation was one of mental stupor. I felt vapid -- I could not concentrate, focus or rationalize clearly. At first, I associated the pressure and mental malaise with a common cold -- I felt as if I was comming down with something (my nose was running) and that I would recover quickly -- however the feeling has persisted. I have trouble thinking, speaking, and seeing straight ...I feel as if I am in the twighlight zone since I cannot comprehend my surroundings or interact with people. Anxiety attacks, memory loss, are frequent as is a tingling sensation which shifts from my head to face to my extremities. I was a heavy drug user (ecstasy and cocaine) in the past for approx. 2 years but I do not understand how drugs could provoke this literal overnight change....especially since the transformation did not immediately occur after a binge period (it occurred about a week later). I am at my wits end..I have seen about 10 doctors (allergists, general practitioners, and neurologists)and explained to them my situation. I have had an EEG,a CAT scan, and an MRI. They have found nothing. They continually allude to the idea that my problem is purely psychological and that it was not a stroke. However i beg to differ isnce my symptoms are reminiscent of those accompanying a stroke. I have been prescribed numerous forms of medication. The most recent ones have been Valproic acid, Nortriptyline, and neurontin and I am now on paxil, zyprexa and adderall. These drugs do virtually nothing. Does anyone know what my problem is or have any suggestions for medication??? I cannot go on living like this. I am acutely aware of my inability to function in reality and i cant do anything about it...please help. I have seen a psychiatrist but he has said that it is all due to anxiety and stress...i cant believe this because i love my job and couldn't be happier (save this problem which prevents me from living)
--
PS. I am aware that I made a horrendous mistake by doing drugs in the past. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from chastising me..it only worsens the situation. I need some form of hope and guidance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2002, 09:28 AM   #2

Exz398 HB User
Heya Bro I know how your feeling I feel the same UNREAL It also happened to me when i was sleeping i woke up in morning and Felt as If i were Dreaming..( My memory was totaly bank felt as if i had been druged.(but I dont do drugs)I also Had Head presure and my nose was runny( I went to the doctor that week and did a Catscan and it came back neg- time went by and I started feeling real again but it is not all gone yet, I still feel alittle like im dreaming , but its better, I have had this for 3 months now( and its a nightmare( someone in the other post said to Drink extract Olive Leaf and give it some time and it will go away but mine seems to be going away slowly but doesnt I hope I hepl you a little bro

Old 10-31-2002, 02:37 PM   #3

sweetwawa HB User
Arrow

every doctor has a different opinion.

what one says i wouldn't buy.i'd get a 2nd or 3rd opinion.
i was on zyprexa.i'm curious, did you gain weight like i did?i cut it out right upon discovering this.
i was like a zombie on that stuff.
it was for anxiety.

how do you feel on the meds?

if it helps then pat yourself on back for at least getting treatment.
why question what this doctor says?
perhaps it is just stress?
are you male or female,and age?

Old 10-31-2002, 05:48 PM   #4
(male)

Tangle HB User
From a breif look at your symptoms, the presence of environmental factor is a very likely cause. I would recomend that you spend some time researching methods for creating a healthy home and workspace, as well as diet w/ lots of good n' healthy foods and supplements. Also consider a body detoxification diet. Join the health-club and do some good steem room sweating. There are also some good recipese for hot bath detox. MDMA is proven to deplete seritonin levels. Your antidepressant meds should elivate your blood seritonin levels thus enhancing mood. If you never experience an elivation in mood from these drugs, consider supplementing 5 hydroxytryptamine, better known as 5HTP available at your health food store.

Old 11-01-2002, 10:06 PM   #5

Drew H HB User
Sounds similar to my situation...

I did ecstasy for about 8 months... at first once every weekend... then trailed off to once a month...
but after the last time i consumed it, i started feeling really spacey, with weird stomach aches, and everything you describe. I too have been to many doctors and have had every test, and everything appears to be normal.
I'm not depressed, and my doctor doesn't want to prescribe me any anti-anxiety med. because he doesn't see anxiety either.

He said that my body's nervous system is just way out of wack at the moment from the drugs, and it will take awhile for my body to rebuild itself back to normal.

Some days i feel pretty good.. never 100%, but some days i feel like complete crap.

This has been going on for a year and a couple months.

We should keep in touch.. tell me how you're doin'..

Drew

Old 11-01-2002, 11:22 PM   #6
Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
I heard (from the Alternative Medicine board) that B vitamins are important for the nervous system (I think the thread said that Vitamin B1 is especially important). Pio, chances are that your problems arenít psychological, theyíre physiological. Eat a large variety of fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc... Plants rich with color are especially beneficial (green, red, etc...). Spinach (iron, Lutein), grapefruits, carrots (Vitamin A, Beta-Carotene, Fiber) are especially healthy. I would also recommend taking a Vitamin supplement (I recommend Centrum). For your immune system, I recommend eating raw (uncooked, unheated, unprocessed) garlic. Itís also important to stay away from junk food (candy, chocolate, caffeine, etc...). I hope you get better.

[This message has been edited by Bettawrekonize1 (edited 11-02-2002).]

Old 12-12-2002, 12:18 AM   #7

danamae25 HB User
you may also want to think about maybe having your house checked for carbon monoxide. Just an idea.

Old 12-16-2003, 01:27 PM   #8
(male)

monkyfunky HB User
Re: losing hope.....please help

pio do you still look at these boards?

If so I'd like to know how you are doing these days, have you got better or even recovered?

Closed Thread