It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2002, 10:37 PM   #16

Mmcginty HB User
Hi,
I have the same pain, mine is from carpal tunnel, try wearing a brace on your hand and try some antiinflammatories until your doctor's appointment.

Michelle

Old 10-22-2002, 01:40 PM   #17
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Not pain.....numbness. I had the same EXACT complaint in my left hand, pinky and half of my ring finger as well as left side of hand. I have ajob where I lean my elbow on my desk alot holding the phone or holding my head. I thought this could be it. However this happened years ago and went away on its own. Could just be weakend nerve ending maybe??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2002, 08:07 AM   #18

rae78 HB User
Read some of the MINDBODY books out there. I had numbness in my left hand and fingers for months until I read MINDBODY prescripton by Dr. John E. Sarno.
Rae

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 10-31-2002).]

Old 12-12-2002, 12:22 AM   #19

danamae25 HB User
Also ask your doc about raynaud's disease. Do you get really cold easily? my friend's fingers always went white and numb in the cold. She just found out she has raynaud's disease. Check into it.

Old 12-16-2002, 02:38 AM   #20

kimmie1 HB User
Hi Jani,
I'm a back care advisor so I hope I know what I'm talking about.
It definately sounds like a pinched nerve.
You probably need to see a physio or chiropractor to set it free.
I promise its not life threatening, and your hand won't drop off or you are suffering from cardiac disease. (though I see where the person mentioning it is coming from).
However it is a nusience, and you need to get it sorted.
Hey by the way if you think you have problems with your GP waiting times, you want to come to the UK it can be abysmal over here.
Regards
Kim

------------------
Kim

Old 12-17-2002, 06:56 AM   #21
Inactive

Merrida HB User
I'd go to the chiropractor. I get the same thing, and just need my neck adjusted. As for the "snapping and cracking," that is not a professional term nor a professional method. There are various ways to do spinal manipulation, and there are different methods, depending on the chiropractic physician's treatment, schooling, your personal feelings, what is wrong, what needs to be done,...some people prefer activator methods, there are certainly more "gentle" approaches, and more aggressive approaches. But they are not carelessly "cracking and popping" like a person does to their own knuckles. They are schooled in precise manners in which to mobilize and manipulate the spinal joints to bring about relief.

It's like comparing a surgeon cutting with a scalpel with cutting yourself with a kitchen knife. There's a huge difference.

Neurological involvement will often cause the numbness you're talking about. Depending on which level is out, you can get it on the outer 2 fingers, like you have, or on the inner 3 fingers. There are unique pathways which help identify what area if your neck might be contributing.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the ulnar nerve being affected, though, because that could most definitely contribute.

What I personally like about chiros is they aren't going to inject you with needles or give you drugs, - their approach is non-invasive and addresses structural integrity issues, not symptomatic-only relief.

Old 12-17-2002, 10:38 PM   #22
Inactive

Griffy HB User
It sounds like it may be a pinched nerve.

Closed Thread