It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2002, 10:08 AM   #1

melody19 HB User
Post Nausea, dizziness, and fatigue have left me unable to function.

Hi,
I have been suffering with these symptoms and several others for at least two months now. I am barely able to get through the day anymore. i use to have good days but I have not had one for three weeks now and I just do not know what to do. I am unable to go to the Dr. due to financial reasons. My symptoms are, waves of nausea, a dizzy floating feeling (all the time never goes away), a severe headache that never completely goes away, I am very shakey ( my head hand hands), I get short of breath very easily, I pass out in the shower most of the time, I am so exausted all of the time I can not do anything, and when I attempt to do anything at I quickly begin to feel so bad that I must sit down or lay down to recover. If anyone knows what these symptoms mean, please tell me. I can't take this anymore.
Thank you
Melody

Old 10-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Ask around if there is a county hospital E.R. or free clinic near you. Your symptoms sound quite debillitating/ serious; pls seek professional medical help.

Do you have any personal or family history of:

1- anemia or any other blood disorder?
2- hypotension [blood pressure is too low]?
3- migraine?
4- neurological or neuromuscular conditions including MS?

Plus there are many more possibilities that you can look up on the MedLinePlus site:
[url="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003083.htm"]http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003083.htm[/url]

Your diet can also affect your health. If your electrolytes are off kilter, your entire system can be seriously damaged.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Look in your local yellow pages for the nearest free womens clinic then get yourself there. If you can't find a free womens clinic then call you county health department and explain your situation to them and they will get help for you. You symptoms are very severe and need to be taken care of ASAP. Being short of breath and passing out in the shower is very serious so see any doc ASAP. If you read this before morning or before offices are open call your local ER or urgent care and tell them your situation and what is going on so that you can get help sooner. No or low finances is not a reason to not be able to find medical help if you just look or ask.

Old 10-09-2002, 11:25 PM   #4

De Lou HB User
HI-

Heres something to check into. Search it on the web also. It has alot of the same symptoms you say you have. Some people can not and have not been able to work because of this it is called. Menieres. It affects your balance,ears, makes you sick to your stomach, fatigue. Check it out.
Take Care!!!
DE

Old 10-10-2002, 07:36 AM   #5
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Hello,
Im no doctor but will tell you this could be anything.Are you under alot of stress?The symps you mention could be Anxiety,Panic,inner ear disturbances,could be anything...If you have a local health dept or free christian clinic I would get there in a flash..Please let us know how you are and what you find out..Feel better soon...

Jas

Old 10-10-2002, 09:59 AM   #6
Blue4U2

aside from the symptoms you mentioned, what others are you suffering?

(It actually sounds like mono, but NEVER diagnose according to opinions.)

When I had no medical insurance, I went to a clinic.

Please tell us what happens.

Blue

Old 10-10-2002, 11:03 AM   #7
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
I have a friend that had Mono and Hepatitis years ago...I don't recall her mentioning nausea,dizziness,SOB,shakiness,but I do remember her saying she had a high fever and was quite sick..What one person has,another person can have exact opposite symps...

Old 10-10-2002, 11:08 AM   #8
Blue4U2

Good point.

My sister is anaemic. She has similar symptoms.
I would get your blood tested.

BLue

Old 10-11-2002, 07:11 AM   #9
Inactive

mlgable HB User
This poster was talking about getting short of breath as well as passing out in the shower from all of this. This does not sound like mono, anemia or any of the other problems mentioned. Shortness of breath as well as the passing out indicates a circultatory/respiratory problem of some kind and needs immediate attention. Shortness of breath and passing out is not something to fool around with as your life may be at stake if not taken care of. What happens when this lady passes out in the tub and hits her head knocking herself unconsious or breaking a bone making it impossible for her to even get out of the tub/shower to phone 911 for help. If she hasn't seen a doc yet she needs to do so immediately.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:31 PM   #10
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Yes you can be so Anemic you can faint..I have a step-aunt that could bump her knee and pass out like a light,but she was Anemic from heavy Menstruation..Everyone is different..

Old 10-11-2002, 04:32 PM   #11

melody19 HB User
Hi,
I called the local clinic and the nurse seems to think it is either heart or lung related even though I am not even 30 yet.
There is not a low income clinic here for general health. He said to go the emergency room.
The reason I can not go to the Dr. is this: We recently filed chapter 13 due to my loss of income and my husband lost his job due to Aluminum plant closure. At that time we lost all of our benifits. I can not work due to problems my youngest has in school. We also lost our house last month. We have to save some money even though we have very little so that we can rent a house.Our Dr. of 20 years sent us a letter stating that due to our Bankruptcy we must pay in cash in full at the time of the visit. There is no way we can afford a monthly Dr. payment.

I do now that I have always had low blood pressure but it has never caused a problem.
With the shortness of breath I have severe chest pains and muscle weakness. Also ringing ears, numbness in my chest, as well as having suddenly devolped adult acne. I have never suffered from acne even as a teenager.
I am quite a mess arnt I

Old 10-11-2002, 08:23 PM   #12
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
"Your health is your first wealth."

Old 10-11-2002, 09:00 PM   #13
Veteran

Kamden HB User
Since you cannot work and your husband lost his job, you should be eligible this minute for a medical card. Call human services tomorrow morning, tell them your situation, how you need to apply for medical help, and that you need to get to the doctor immediately, that this cannot wait a day. They can take your information and atleast get the process going, you can get to the doctor, and the clinic can call them for your ID number. There are thousands of people who have filed chapter 13, or have no medical insurance or money, but there are still ways to get healthcare. Don't put it off.

Old 11-18-2002, 08:39 PM   #14

SarahEJPerryfromWpg HB User
The symptoms you are describing seem to indicate Pernicious Anemia, an autoimmune disorder in which the body destroys IF (Intrinsic Factor) cells in the stomach used to absorb vitamin B12. Fatigue tends to be more pronounced and symptoms appear to have rapid onset when the body finally runs out of stored B12.The tingling/numbness(possible burning sensation) is due to temporary nerve damage, which is caused by the lack of the actual vitamin in the cells as well as lack of oxygen to the tissues. Nausea is also a common symptom. It is also common to have a rapid heart rate and/or low blood pressure, as blood cells are deformed and don't supply adequate oxygen. Acne may be exacerbated by the absence of B12, or it could be from the stress your body is under to maintain itself. Diet is usually not a factor; it is the absorption ability that is the problem. With this type of anemia, monthly injections of B12 are required for survival.

[This message has been edited by SarahEJPerryfromWpg (edited 11-18-2002).]

Old 12-18-2002, 01:23 AM   #15

robin25 HB User
hi melody i have the same things happen to me not the pasing out in the shower part but everything else its was werid to read that cause everything is how i feel everyday i have a thyroid problem have you checked into that possibly?

Closed Thread