It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2002, 12:04 PM   #1

simtusie HB User
Question hand tremors, etc. advice?

Hi there! I just got results from my MRI today, it is normal as was my blood work. Here's my thing.. I have had what I now know is a resting tremor of my right hand since Feb. My hand writing has gotten very sloppy and small, my right arm & now leg feel very heavy, my family & friends keep asking me to repeat myself when I talk to them. It takes a lot of energy to talk sometimes. I often feel just plain "heavy" and have to really coax myself to talk or move sometimes. I get tired at the drop of a hat and have taken up napping. In my mind I am still happy and energetic- but my body just doesn't always want to do stuff. I have an appointment with a neurologist, but not until January. any words of wisdom for me to go on until then? Please?

------------------
Thanks just for being there! Susie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2002, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Have you been checked for B-12 deficiency? If not the neurologist will probably do so, it isn't always checked unless specifically requested by the Dr and it is very expensive so there needs to be some outward signs lending to suspecion. Fatigue, poor balance, speech coherency, tingling or burning tongue, inability to get the right word out in a conversation and so on. Not all have to be present to qualitfy for testing. I have pernicious anemia(B-12 deficiency)and my B12 level was very low for a long time and I give my own injection every 2 weeks, it's a life long treatment. That is one of the possiblities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2002, 10:04 PM   #3

simtusie HB User
Thank you Nancy for replying! Yes, I had my B-12 checked and it is fine. I am back to the drawing board I guess, but at least I know my blood is good and I don't have a brain tumor or anything. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I do appreciate it! Best of everything to you!
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif

------------------
Thanks just for being there! Susie

Old 12-04-2002, 10:17 AM   #4
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
There Is such a thing as "Essential Tremor" which many people have.It just happens.Look it up on the net......

------------------
SnowyLynne

Old 12-04-2002, 11:00 AM   #5

simtusie HB User
Smile

Thanks SnowyLynne! That is one of the possibilities the doc mentioned. seems it doesn't usually happen while at rest though, still a lot of research to do. Thanks!

Old 12-05-2002, 07:43 PM   #6

badgirl HB User
Simtusie, how old are you? Essential tremors run in our family. My grandmother had it and now my mother. Check your family history. Good luck with your appointment, hope everything turns out okay. Badgirl

Old 12-06-2002, 09:06 AM   #7

simtusie HB User
Talking

Thanks badgirl! So far as I know, there is no family history, but then again, I have a whole missing part of my family history- maternal grandpa killed in war when mom was 2- no contact with that family, was too hard on grandma. I am 36 now, and pretty much going out of my mind now that I have been going to doc and having tests. Glad they have been neg. so far, but i need an answer, diagnosis, something. It would be easier for me and my family to deal with if we knew what was going on. Thanks for the reply! My family doctor said beta blockers might help (with my hand being spazzy) if it is essential tremor, so it just happens that one of my blood pressure meds is a beta blocker... been 2 weeks, waiting for it to help the tremors, still waiting....
Thanks again for taking the time to post to me

Old 12-06-2002, 02:25 PM   #8

badgirl HB User
Simtusie, I thought of another person who lives across the street from me. She has a hand shaking, started at a young age. She is age 40 now. She takes Propranolol for hers. My prayers are with you, badgirl

Old 01-14-2003, 01:31 PM   #9

simtusie HB User
Exclamation

Just an update if anyone was curious.....
I have officially been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. Young Onset parkinson's. started meds a week ago, finally done feeling as if I am going to puke.

Closed Thread