It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2003, 10:50 AM   #1

Broadwaygirl03 HB User
Unhappy Tight/swollen feeling under chin

This has been going on for the past week, but it keeps getting worse. Under my chin and under the jaw bone I have this severe constricted feeling. It feels like its swollen and it's painful. I've been feeling ify the last few days with a very mild sore throat. The feeling is nausiating and I'm getting very worried because it keeps feeling tighter and tighter. Is this something to be concerned with? I'm getting worried, is it glands maybe?
~Into the Woods

Old 01-19-2003, 11:52 AM   #2

BeckiA HB User
I had something simular. I still have it. Ive had it for about 6 months now. It feels someone is strangling me right there my whole throat feels swollen and no matter what I do it it does not help. I also feel this pressure up to my ears. It really sucks!!! I have been to the doctor numerous times and the ENT and they say my throat is fine. I have even started going to the Chiropracter thinking maybe it is my muscles because I do also have scoliosis. But it is still here. It comes and goes now and then, but Im so worried it is something serious. I also experience mucscle weakness. Sorry but if they ever figure out what i have i will leave a post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2003, 02:15 PM   #3
(female)

32skater HB User
Be sure to have your thyroid checked; that might be
a possibility. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
Inactive

Merrida HB User
I have the same feeling and have been told it is probably anxiety, or could be related to GERD, or could be related to the dental problems I have.

Not much assistance, but I don't have any answers either. Wish I did, because it feels like you're wearing a turtleneck that is 3 sizes too small, all the time, every day.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #5

Broadwaygirl03 HB User
That's not the thing though. I do have a horrible case of GERD and have had it for 4 years, and sometimes it does feel like someone is choking me. I feel like that often and this is something different, if it was GERD it'd be near my collar bone and lower throat area and not under my chin. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow anyways
~Into the Woods

Old 01-19-2003, 06:21 PM   #6
(female)

32skater HB User
Erratic thyroid will still give you the tightness
feeling and that you are being choked. You feel
like you have a "too tight" turtle neck sweater on
and you keep wanting to yank at it. A very good
possibility. It is a very simple test, and would be
worth your while to at least have it checked soon.

Old 01-20-2003, 01:51 AM   #7
Inactive

Merrida HB User
I agree with you, and feel a difference too. My tightness is not near my collar bone, which is where I'd expect the GERD to affect me, -- just passing along that I've got similar symptoms and what I've been told is causing it. But just like you I feel they are not related.

Closed Thread