It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2003, 10:04 PM   #1

OkieGal HB User
Post Tingly Weird Feeling in my Fingertips

I have weird feelings in my fingertips like they are "asleep". Kind of like it feels when your foot falls asleep but its only in my fingertips and only on my left hand.
It usually happens when I first wake up in the mornings and after I get up and get around, usually when I am driving my kids to school my fingertips feel tingly like they are asleep. I cant lightly hit the tip of my fingers on a surface and it feels like pins and needles. It goes away after a while but I am worried what it could be.
Just typing this message on the keyboard I noticed that my pinky and ring finger on my left hand is doing that slightly right now. But is is usually my index finger and my middle finger that feels like this.
Does anyone know what I am talking about.
Just a small history about me:
mitral valve prolapse for 11 years
stress
anxiety
overweight about 50 pounds
Please Help !

Old 02-07-2003, 02:25 AM   #2
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Did you get any of your other health issues sorted out?

If you have MVP, it can cause anxiety, and that can cause tingles in the fingers. If it's in the morning it could be how you slept and it could be carpel tunnel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2003, 08:05 AM   #3
Veteran

Anonymity HB User
My doctor told me this is a common symptom in persons with excessive anxiety and anxiety disorders as well as patients who suffer from panic attacks. They often have pins and needles, tingles, buzzing, or other strange sensations in various parts of their bodies, especially the extremities. Since you noted that anxiety is a problem you have, you might mention this to whichever doctor/therapist/etc. you choose to regularly speak with concerning your other anxiety issues.
Hope that helps! Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Anonymity (edited 02-07-2003).]

Old 05-09-2004, 02:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: Tingly Weird Feeling in my Fingertips

hi, i have exactly same syptoms as you!! my hstory, not long had first baby, overweight, asthma, aniety and depression. I am not anxious or down at moment, love top hear from you and swap notes,april

Old 05-09-2004, 05:21 AM   #5

LifestyleChange HB User
Re: Tingly Weird Feeling in my Fingertips

It can be many things, from circulation problems, carpal tunnel syndrome, blood clot, etc. I would suggest you call your doctor to make sure.

Lorena

Closed Thread