It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2002, 01:47 PM   #1

bug167 HB User
Question Upper lip and nose numbness

I don't know if this has anything to do with stroke symptoms or not, but every once in a while (and for the past two mornings) when I get up in the morning and after about 5 minutes my nose and upper lip go numb. It's as if they've been shot with novocaine and are just beginning to come out of it. It lasts for about 15-20 minutes each time. I don't have any other symptoms and it isn't painful, but it's very annoying. This morning I thought maybe if I moved my lip and nose around a lot it would help the flow of blood and help alleviate the problem, but it didn't do any good at all (plus I'm sure I looked very silly driving and trying to do a Samatha Stevens imitation).

In any case, I'm just curious what it might be and what might be causing it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2003, 05:34 PM   #2

darrenjg HB User
Question

Hi,
did you ever find out what was causing your numbness?
I have almost exactly the same simptons myself, in that maybe 8 times in the last 5 weeks I have had a numbness in the right half of my top lip lasting for about 15 mins. The last time it happened the numbness also included my right nostril.
I wondered if youd been able to get any advice about your problem, or if anyone else here can help either of us.

Thanks,

Darren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2003, 04:04 AM   #3
Inactive

Merrida HB User
The example of the sensations feeling like a novocaine shot might be indicative of something very critical to the problem. Maybe it has something to do with your front teeth, some type of pressure or nerve damage, or it might be from your septum.

The connection between the top teeth, the nose, the sinus cavities and the brain are all so incredibly close in proximity and medical association.

------------------
Life isn't what happens to you -- it's how you react to it!

Thoughts don't make us who we are -- Actions do.

Old 02-19-2003, 05:22 PM   #4

bug167 HB User
Actually, I never spoke with my doctor about this problem as it went away for the most part. It still happens every once in a while but not every day like it was.

The next time I see the doctor though, I'll ask him about it and let you know what he says.

Old 03-23-2003, 09:42 PM   #5

changni HB User
Hi there, I've got the same problem too. I remember this happened to me several times almost 8 or 9 nine years ago, and I almost forgot about it till yesterday, when I suddenly had such a symptom again.
I'm getting pretty paranoid and I was wondering if any of you have any answers as to why this is happening?
I'd really appreciate thanks!

Old 03-28-2003, 08:17 PM   #6

longell HB User
When I get numbness in my face it's caused from a migraine headache.

Closed Thread