It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2003, 05:53 PM   #1

bboybash HB User
Post is this sign? aids, cancer, ulcer... experts read!

I need somebody to listen to my problems. First of all, 3 years ago i weighted 145 pounds but now i weight 125 and it seems like I can't gain my weight no matter how much i eat, I'm a smoker, light drinker, and smokes pot. but my main concern is whenever i get cut or wounds, it takes forever or never heal. I have scar on my left arm from falling about 3month ago, it didn't heal and turn out very dark color, and looks like dead skin. that's only one of many wounds. 2 years ago, i went to see the doctor due to stomach pain. i didn't put camera inside my body because I didn't have money, but the doctor assumed that it was stomach ulcer, and gave me some medication, but didn't work that well. I still have pain on my lower left tummy and top left tummy. I have also tested for HIV, thankfully it came out to be negative. my family is very concerned about my weight loss. any suggestions? thanks john

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran

HeyThere HB User
First kick the habits.

secondly, take vitamins.

If you think you should get routinely tested, do so.

once you are clean start on amino acids not the anabolic stuff though -rebuild your DNA and workout once in awhile.

It could be that your intestinal tract which absorbs the nutrients from the food broken down in your stomach by your bile secreations and begining of upper intestine- any who get your pancreas checked out. Also, it could be the duedendum (sp) is not working properly. You should really go see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

arkie6 HB User
You might want to be tested for diabetes. This is a relatively simple and inexpensive test. Rapid loss of weight and poor wound healing are symptoms of uncontrolled Type I diabetes.

Old 05-09-2003, 11:49 PM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Follow every ones suggestions but be sure to get a complete physical at the docs. You mentioned not being able to afford an upper GI test 2 years yet you can afford to smoke pot, buy cigarettes and drink at times. Nothing wrong with drinking but pot kills your brain cells and I won't say much about the regular cigarettes except that you are spending too much good money just to keep smoking. You need to draw the line somewhere...............either you want to figure out what is going on and go for the tests the doc recommends or you can spend your money on all your recreational habits. See the doc and find out what is going on but don't neglect important tests.

Old 05-10-2003, 12:13 AM   #5

bboybash HB User
Thanks guys, for your reply. after going through the posts on this website, I realized how stupid I was about my own health. I will be visiting hosipital ASAP, and stop wasting my money on stuff I don't really need. POT and ALCOHOL is easy for me to quit, hardest thing is cigarette....

Old 05-12-2003, 01:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Have you had your thyroid checked? It could be hyperthyroidism.

Old 05-12-2003, 03:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Get rid of your nasty smoking habits for a start, then get a full check up, scans if need be too, and blood tests.

Old 05-14-2003, 12:07 PM   #8

audreycwalsh HB User
Thumbs up

Yup, it's hard to quit smoking but for me, the habit part was the worst, not the nicotine. I quit 3.5 weeks ago. I wasn't a heavy smoker (5-10 cigs per day) but I was getting ready to have my tonsils out as one had a mass under it.

The neon signs were there to quit and I couldn't imagine going through the tonsillectomy and still trying to smoke at the same time, so I quit (see tonsillectomy recovery post to see the crap I went through so it was a good thing I quit). While I still crave them every now and then, I really feel so much better that I don't smoke anymore.

Glad to hear that you are going to get checked out. Sounds like you really need it.

Best of luck
Audrey

Closed Thread