It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2003, 07:23 PM   #1

Mustang_302 HB User
Post Ovaries Removed, Behavior Afterwards

Hello,
I am 16 and my mom just had one of her ovaries removed. The doctors felt this would be the best route, as of right now im wishing they didnt give the go-ahead. Her personality has changed dramatically, shes always mad, she will be fine one minute then be yelling at someone the next. I personally would like to know what is going on, does this all have to do with the surgery if so what is the problem.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tagger HB User
Having ovaries removed can really throw hormones into a frenzy! If you suffer from PMS try to imagine having it all the time 24/7!
It can manifest in several ways and unfortunately your Mom seems to be getting the worst of it.
Most of the time she probably doesn't even realize that she is acting in such a crazy way. That's the way it works. At the time when she is at her worst she feels justified in her irritability and anger. There are probably also times when she looks back on her day and thinks "Jeez, I can't believe I said that, or acted that way, it seemed so normal at the time!"
All you can do is try to be patient with her and maybe even avoid confrontations with her when she is acting "crazy". Try to remember that she still loves you, but she really can't control the way she's acting right now.
At a time when she seems calm maybe you could talk with her and delicately point out that maybe she should see her doc about her "spells" of irritability. Her doctor may be able to help her out and give her something to help "balance" her hormones.
I know it sounds amazing that removing one tiny ovary can cause such turmoil. Ovaries are a very important part of a women's hormonal balance.
Remember that your Mom is suffering too and very likely is remorseful for her anger and "tirades" after the fact.
Once again, try to be patient, and maybe after her hormones settle down things will be better...Tagger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2003, 05:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
My friend and i discussed this same issue the other day. Her mother had everything removed and wishes that she hadn't. I think too many doctors see this procedure as a cure all. It may help some females, but i don't think it's for everybody and women should really give it some serious thought.

Closed Thread