It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #1

sourgrapes HB User
Unhappy does ProFresh really work for bad breath

I have had halitosis for many years. I tried special mouthrinses from a Breath Clinic, TriOral, Therabreath, and Breeze but NONE of them works. I do not know what else to do.

My dentist says there's nothing wrong with me, my doctor says that I have a sinus problem. One of my nostrils is always congested more than the other, and alternates at times from one side to the other. I tried using a Neti pot, thinking that was the problem to my bad breath but it still remains and one side of my nose is still more congested than the other.

I eat mostly vegetables and fruits, drink alot of water, avoid dairy products cause I'am lactose intolerant, avoid spices, do not drink nor smoke. I have also been taking Acidophilus and Garlic (Odourless) pills, and Chlorophyll liquid to help with my halitosis but there has been no change.

During the past few weeks, I constantly feel something in my throat it might be food debris, tonsil stones, I don't know but it is driving me crazy.

There is so many bad breath products in the market, I'am tired of trying a failing product. I read someones posting that ProFresh works, I would like to know if anyone else had good/bad experience with this product? does ProFresh really work? does anyone have any other good advice that could help me with my chronic bad breath based on their experience?

thank you so much...

Old 06-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
(male)

oceanside HB User
Re: does ProFresh really work for bad breath

like you, i have tried every product, claiming as "cure" for halitosis. unfortunately, ProFresh yeilds no hope of a cure. I also purchased BreezeCare from Australia that cliams to be revolutionary in combating halitosis. what is revolutionary ab this product is it's price. i spent $150 for the product bc of oversea shipping. sad to say Dr. Speiser, can't continued to live in luxery without desperate people who are sincere of finding a cure like us. don't waste your money of these products.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
(male)

noptical HB User

None of these work. They are just (very) temporary solutions and they even don't work most of the times if your problem is e.g. sinus related. You better waste your time and money on finding a better doctor that can help you. Search health boards for "bad breath" and you'll see many topics about it. Read all the threads you can and especially posts by the user chuckwho.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:48 AM   #4
(male)

Thanatos86 HB User

I use Therabreath and these products do work - but only for a few hours.

For it to work well, I have to first brush my teeth for over 2 minutes, scrape my tongue, apply therabreath toothpaste to my tongue, floss by dipping the floss into therabreath mouthwash.

After flossing, I use the mouthwash and take a shower. For 5+ minutes I'm swishing and gargling the mouthwash.

That's it. It help a lot but it is no cure. I also use ZOX mints throughout the day. Sometimes a roll per day.

A girl I'm seeing doesn't complain when we get intimate because I clean my mouth well prior to intimacy.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #5
(male)

oceanside HB User

Hey, Thanatos;
Therabreath doesn't help me at all. In fact it makes my BB even worse. How I know is immediately after using it I can smell the whole room stinch up with sulfer odor. Yah, that's how bad my BB is. It comes out of my nose so I will have my sinus check as soon as I get back to the states from my vacation in Hawaii. I am having a great time. I had started the colloidal silver and had hoped, even dreamt, that my vacation would be similar to denny's mericle cure while on her cruise. Well, it didn't happen for me. As I kept me mouth shut most of the the flight while my friends laughed, had face to face conversations, and delighted themselves with enthusiam on our way to Kaui. I wished so much to laughted out loud with them. But, well... you know how it goes. I am glad you are able to keep your relationship going. It's soo stressful and demoralizing to maintain a relationship with a woman that sooner, and usually not later, she will discover I have BB. My last relationship lasted for six months until she broke up. The only explaination she gave me was that "something" was holding her back from falling in love with me. I can only assummed that "something" was my horrible BB. The last time we made love, we finished and she got up and brushed her teeth. I felt so rejected and hurt. I don't blame her. There's another lovely lady who is showing interest in dating me. I am soo terrified of pursuing this relationship as it would crush me when she discover that I have BB. We went out 3 dates. Each time she hugged me and even attempted to give me a goodnit kiss. I guess all the years of living this BB nightmare my unconscience reaction was pulling away from her. Didn't want her to discover the truth. Oh well, I can't continued avoiding her sense she will be picking me up from the airport when I return from my vacation. What a nightmare. Avoiding, and even running away from something that I so desperately want and that is to be intimately and passionately in love with a beatiful woman. God have mercy on us. Good luck with your relationship.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:34 AM   #6

shootme HB User

You should go to an ENT and take care of your sinus problem. That can be the cause of halitosis in your case.

Closed Thread