It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Fellow tobacco chewers...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2003, 04:48 PM   #1
Hi_its_Joe

Lightbulb Fellow tobacco chewers...

Hello

Ok, I am very curious about something here. As a 40 year old male who has chewed smokeless tobacco for the last 20 years, I recently quit cold turkey and went on nicotine gum (4mg) which has really helped my cravings.

One remarkable thing I have noticed (which still amazes me) is that after 2-3 days I began feeling like I did when I was 16 (ie; young, healthy and full of spunk!). I walked twice as many laps this morning as I normally do (and even two more this evening), got 10 times as much done and basically "built Rome in a day"!. My energy has been endless and all without having to pop any pills and without anything in particular "motivating" me. I felt like I could go all night and throughout the next day non-stop. In fact, I can't remember feeling this way since I was a teenager.

All this newfound energy came as quite a suprize to me because it seemed to come out of nowhere and I had to ask myself at the end of the day "what the HECK got into me??". Then I thought back on how from time to time I would feel like smokeless tobacco was zapping the energy out of me and so I would "quit" for a few hours or a few days and the energy would then return...or even in between chews I would start to feel better - only to feel like crap again after the next chew.

Then I remembered an article I had read and some fellow chewers I had talked to many years ago who told me that it was common (because of all the poisons and chemicals) to feel "run down" after awhile from chewing smokeless tobacco. I guess my question/point or whatever is that I am trying to find out if anyone else has quit chewing and suddenly felt renewed and reinvigorated after doing so. Perhaps someone here still chews/dips smokeless tobacco and can relate to the increase in energy and the "healthy" feeling you get in between chews and how after you finally put that chew into your mouth, you kind of feel like crap again.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread