It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
Inactive

The_Cheese_Man HB User
Red face Tiny, itchy blisters in between fingers

I have been getting these very tiny blisters that, under a magnifying glass, look somewhat like a very tiny, firm water blister and they itch like crazy. Once I pop them (they are pretty firm and hard to pop), a little squirt of clear fluid comes out and then they heal over (no scab) and don't itch anymore.

What are these things called and what causes them?. Is this something I should be worried about?. Virus, bacteria or a sign of something sinister?.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2004, 11:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Tiny, itchy blisters in between fingers

Hi,

I have three possibilities off the top of my head: 1) scabies 2) yeast infection 3) eczema.

Check them out on the internet and see if you match any of the criteria. Scabies are highly contagious.

When you go to the doctor (I'd suggest it strongly), let us know the diagnosis.

quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #3
Veteran

HeyThere HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cheese_Man
I have been getting these very tiny blisters that, under a magnifying glass, look somewhat like a very tiny, firm water blister and they itch like crazy. Once I pop them (they are pretty firm and hard to pop), a little squirt of clear fluid comes out and then they heal over (no scab) and don't itch anymore.

What are these things called and what causes them?. Is this something I should be worried about?. Virus, bacteria or a sign of something sinister?.

Do you work with chemicals harsh abrasives antibacterial soap hand sanitation solution bleach any processed food/delimeats?

Old 01-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #4

butterfly1012 HB User

My friend and I both have this problem. The dr. told us that it is a form of exema. There is a cream the dermatologist prescribed but it hasn't help me very much.

Old 01-03-2004, 07:56 AM   #5

AnnieLee HB User

There are many different forms of eczema that are related to water blisters. Just type "water blister eczema" into a search engine and you should find lots of info. IMO, this type itches the worst, and I get it on the pads of my fingers, my palms and under my foot.

One problems with this is that because these are all thick skinned areas, cortisone creams can't penetrate as easily, and it is very hard to clear it up. I tend to just suffer through.

Closed Thread