It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 AM   #1

healthshmealth HB User
Why are my hands and feet suddenly cold all the time?

I am 26, and my hands and feet have been extremely cold lately. Our house is warm - it's not due to the weather I don't think. Last night, I had on long sleeved flannel pajamas and a pair of my husband's socks, our heater was on - yet my feet were still cold. It's a weird kind of cold - could this be due to circulation or what? I also haven't been able to "get going" in the morning sometimes which isn't like me. Any ideas of what's going on?

Old 02-18-2004, 01:37 PM   #2
(female)

rainbowdawn HB User
Re: Why are my hands and feet suddenly cold all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthshmealth
I am 26, and my hands and feet have been extremely cold lately. Our house is warm - it's not due to the weather I don't think. Last night, I had on long sleeved flannel pajamas and a pair of my husband's socks, our heater was on - yet my feet were still cold. It's a weird kind of cold - could this be due to circulation or what? I also haven't been able to "get going" in the morning sometimes which isn't like me. Any ideas of what's going on?
I was diagnosed last Oct with low thyroid function(Hypothyroidism). I have cold hands, feet(esp.toes)and my nose. And I am achy, which are symptoms of hypothyroidism. Being sluggish, tired is also a symptom. Not saying you have this but you might want to mention it to your doctor. Bloodwork can confirm if you do. Hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2004, 08:34 AM   #3

scribbles HB User

I experience this, too. Could something be missing in your diet? For example, iron deficiency anemia reduces your blood's ability to carry oxygen and this can result in fatigue or a reduced circulation to your extremities.

I agree -- you should get some blood tests done.

Old 02-23-2004, 08:43 AM   #4

pdn HB User

Hi I have this problem too!!
It doesn't matter how much clothing i have on the only thing that helps is a heating pad!I have back problems and i think it is mostly the cause of it.I take lots of warm baths.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:11 AM   #5

Atlantic Salmon HB User

I have a similar problem... I am always cold! No aches (other than from shovelling my 4-car driveway after the blizzard ), just constant FREEZING! I always dress warmly and even in the house by the fire I am cold. Someone mentioned I may have a blood circulation problem, I think I will get it checked. I know that supposively if you take a cold shower yo uwarm up faster but I just can't do that!

AS

Old 02-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

People that take a blood pressure medication --Bata Blocker usually have cold feet but not hands.

A very good homeopathic remedy for cold feet is Belladonna 30X. It is a good inflammation remedy. And it works for cold feet. You can buy it at a health food store--- It's certainly worth a try-- and it's cheap.

Closed Thread