It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 06:51 PM   #1

JS22 HB User
Question Swollen Knee hard to bend

my ol' man performs custodial work, today all of a sudden his left knee is swollen and is painful for him to fully bend in, he has not had any injury on it.

Last edited by JS22; 02-19-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User
Re: Swollen Knee hard to bend

That Happened To Me Once And Discovered It Was Arthritis You Can Apply Ice To It And It May Relieve It If It Is Swollen I Wrap Mine With Ace Bandage So I Can Walk When It Flares Up Btw The Weather Does Have A Factor On How It Will Feel You Will Know About When Its Goinmg To Rain And Etc.. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 08:06 PM   #3

JS22 HB User

Thanks for the response, were are going to have it checked out by the doc but it does seem like Arthritis

Old 02-19-2004, 11:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi, that's what it sounds like to me. My husband was actually just suffering the same thing and that's what the x-rays showed. The doc also took blood to make sure it wasn't gout. Also, a friend of mine was just diagnosed with arthritis in her knee and has almost completed her 8 sessions of physio. She's feeling much better. My husband and my friend both complained of not being able to bend it, but their pain was in different places (as also shown by their x-rays)

I hope he feels better soon.
Let us know the diagnosis and what treatment the doc is doing for him.

Best to you both,
quincy

Old 02-20-2004, 05:32 AM   #5

JS22 HB User

thnx, he works 6 days a week, do you think too much work might of played a role in this?

Old 02-20-2004, 10:30 AM   #6
(female)

poolsharky2k HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS22
my ol' man performs custodial work, today all of a sudden his left knee is swollen and is painful for him to fully bend in, he has not had any injury on it.
I had something similar..

My knee would be swolen for a month or two.. I noticed a great deal of stiffness.. sometimes my knee would pop while walking,standing.. I would fall and or start to trip alot... then one day I fell so hard and landed on the knee that was giving me the trouble and my employer sent me to the doctor. Test were ran and it was determined that I had a large benign tumor under my knee cap. The medical term for what my condition is, is PVNS (short) or Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis(long). There is a bunch of information out there to read which might be very helpful.

Does your father have any of the symptoms that I mentioned?

Closed Thread