It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 05:40 PM   #1

yunat1 HB User
Angry Help! What Is Going On?!?!

My boyfriend has been having some weird problems and it is starting to freak me out. About 3 months ago, the inside of his nose starte to hurt really bad. At first, his mom, who is a nurse, said it kind of looked like herpes. It's been 3 months and I do not think that's what it is anymore. Around the same time he got this bump on the side of his neck. It looked like a zit except it was much bigger and clear, not white inside, and it wouldn't pop. Then a couple days ago he got this humongous bump right in the middle of his back up above the shoulder blades. He said it was about the size of a gold ball and it started to ake his tatoo looke all cracked and stretched apart. He said his mom tried to pop it, but it wouldn't. Yesterday, he woke up puking, and he was puking up blood. Whether this is related or just a coincidence, I have no idea but I told him that it's not normal and he needs to get his butt to a doctor. I have told him over and over to go see a doctor from the time his nose started hurting. I am thinking he is afraid to find out what he has. This a 22 year old guy I am talking about here and he won't go do the doctor! I am wondering why his mother hasn't told him to go, she has told him to go before when he had a problem with his nose. (Totally unrelated and turned out to be an ingrown hair) Does anyone have any idea what in the world this could be? It is starting to worry me becaue it could be something really serious, or it could turn out to be something that can be taken care of with antibiotics. I won't know until he goes to the doctor, but I can't make him do that. What should I do, and if anyone has any possible idea what all this is, PLEASE let me know!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2004, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Help! What Is Going On?!?!

If he is vomiting blood he needs to go to the doctor immediately and his mother should know that if they live in the same household.
I honestly don't know if it's related.
Usually large bumps that look like pimples but are not are usually cysts and they are generally clear if they pop open or maybe a little cloudy with some light blood, not like a pimple at least.
Either way he needs to see a doctor or go to the ER immediately, vomiting blood, especially in large amounts is something he must take serious.

Old 03-28-2004, 12:40 PM   #3

yunat1 HB User

That is exactly what I have been telling him. He wasn't vomiting up a lot of blood though, it was just a little bit. But still, it's not normal. I just know what he is so afraid of, he won't go to the doctor. And the bumps he got, do kind of sound like what you desribed, but why would he all of a sudden start getting them? He only gets one at a time, and the last one was huge.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:42 PM   #4

yunat1 HB User

Ok. today is the first time I've seen the huge bump on his back, or what is left of it I should say. What's left is a hole about the size of a pencil eraser and about a millimeter deep. It's pretty nasty looking and could of ended up being a hole because someone was picking at it. I don't know. I just want to know what it is. So if anyone knows, tell me, please.

Old 03-29-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

He really needs to see a doctor bottom line.
As far as his vomiting blood you indicated that it was only trace amounts so it could be due to irritation of the esophogus among other things but you are right, that's not normal.

Old 03-30-2004, 04:07 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

It also sounds like he has a staph infection. This is very serious and he should be seen right away! The infection gets inside of the blood stream, that is why it is so dangerous. My brother had this. He had these same bumps come out all over the place and they wouldn't pop either. He finally went in to see the doctor and the doctor told him he could of died had he not gone in. Please encourage him to go see a doctor soon, especially if he is coughing up blood. This is very serious!

Chantel

Closed Thread