It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #1

falerin HB User
Sudden Onset Ear and Throat Pain

My symptoms began about two days ago. I suffer from pain in my throat upon swallowing which radiates from the back of the mouth up my throat up into ear area or just below and is assiocated with a sensation also only upon swallowing of constriction or an object in my throat. The pain only occurs on swallowing but it is quite painful to swallow anything even just air. I have no obvious nasal congestion or chest congestion. Though inhaling deeply through my nose produces a less intense painful sensation in the same region. I had some general malaise earlier though it has since passed but the pain remains....

Last edited by falerin; 04-14-2004 at 08:07 PM.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Sudden Onset Ear and Throat Pain

Hi,

I just got over something like that. It's a virus. I ended up with a sinus infection, first on one side then on the other and then back to the first side.

Try sucking on zinc losenges and Dequadin medicated throat losenges (antibacterial/antifungal)

Have you checked out your throat? What's it look like?

Tylenol worked for the pain. Whenever I first get something like that I tend to increase Vitamin C, take extra multi vitamins, take 10,000 Betacarotene twice a day, as well as Allegra and sudafed. I hit it from all directions....and continue taking it all except the Allegra if it's caught me :-(

Drink enough fluids.

If you have pain on the outside of your face and into your jaw, it could be an attack of the Herpes virus. I have had that along my gums. Very painful. Tylenol works great, as well as a warmed microwave bag.

There's also a product that you can spray into the back of your throat to numb the pain. It's worth a shot if it gives you relief.

It's a bug of some kind you've picked up. If you get worse....and your symptoms show secondary infection of your sinuses or chest..see a doctor.

Hope it doesn't last long. Keep us posted,
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #3

luvmyboys HB User
Re: Sudden Onset Ear and Throat Pain

I had that back in February and it turned into an ear infection. The tube that drains your ear was blocked. Could be strep also. Are you running a fever?

Closed Thread