It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2004, 10:05 AM   #1

Barbara15 HB User
Embarrassed Nbr 2

3 years ago, I caught something. I felt like something was crawling in my hair, all over my face and down my neck but I couldn't see anything. Used Rid, once a week for 3 weeks. Didn't work so started going to Drs. They couldn't see anything either but during the day, I didn't feel it. It was at night that it was active. Starting around dusk and going on til dawn. Took 3 months for it to make its way all over my body. Even Mayo clinic didn't get rid of it, giving me ivermectin and 5% PERMITHRIN cream. After 5 days it was back. I work nights so its not from an idle mind. I am very busy at night when it starts. The only way I can keep it under control is to bath in white vinegar with shampoo added and put straight white vinegar on my scalp 2 times a day. If I do this, its like I don't have it. If I stop, it will slowly build up again. This is a nightmare that you can't wake up from! Drs have created a term called delusions of parasites and maybe there are people with delusions but I am not one of them. They had finally convinced me that I was. Quit all treatments and 1 week later, I did a test. My scalp was itching so bad and was really getting scared. I bought a toy microscope, scratched my scalp where it was itching, cleaned my fingernails onto a slide and under 100mg, saw legs moving. It was the larva of a mite. Experts couldn't agree what kind of mite but not scabies or follicle mite. I have moved, thrown out all my clothes and furniture but can't get rid of it. No one has caught it from me but I caught it from my friends foam headset. She had it for 6 weeks and I thought she was having a nervous breakdown until I caught it too. She can't get rid of it either. 3 yrs later, here we sit in this nightmare. No one knows how to get rid of this. Any thoughts? HELP! Barbara15

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #2
(female)

ACluelessOne HB User
Re: Embarrassed Nbr 2

Well, this is probably going to sound stupid but.. Have you tried Mayonaisse? It may be worth a shot, and rather inexpensive, as well as great for the hair.. (as a bonus )

For some people who have lice, and want to go the natural route, instead of using pesticides, that the lice can grow an immunity to.. They use mayonaisse...

Get a large jar of "real" mayonaisse (not Miracle Whip).. two, if you have a LOT of hair.. and put it on real thick on your scalp and hair.. and then let it sit for a quite a while.. how long, I am not positive.. So, pick a time when you have a lot of time..

The mayo is so thick that the bugs (mites, lice, etc.. ) won't be able to breathe and will sufficate..

Thing is.. mites are not subject to just staying in the hair.. If you take a shower first, and make sure you've gotten then from every where else, do the mayo thing.. and then while you're waiting.. I would put some olive oil in your ears. for they may be there as well.. and since you got them from headphones.. might be where it started from..

As I am sure that you don't really want to put mayo in your ears.. only thing I can think of is oil.. to help suffocate them there as well, without it leaving a really big mess..

Hope this helps..

Old 04-30-2004, 03:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

This would be a last resort, but why not try dog flea shampoo? I know that stuff is super strong. Use it and then wash all of your sheets, blankets and towels in hot water and use the dryer. Then throw out all of your brushes, combs, curlers, hair clips and shower caps. I sincerely sympathize with you. I hope that you find a cure.

Old 05-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #4

Barbara15 HB User

Thank you both for your suggestions. Have used the Mayo and also dog shampoo. I'm actually thinking of putting Revolution top spot for dogs on me! I was also interested to see if any others out there, had this problem. Wondering if a new parasite has emerged and if it is contagious to people with a lowered immune. To people who read this board a lot: Have others reported this problem? Thank you, Barbara 15

Old 05-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #5
(female)

sugaredwillow HB User

I don't think using revolution is a good idea. I'm not sure what to think about this I hope someone has some good advice for you.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:55 PM   #6

just a girl 32 HB User

Have you been to a dermatologist??? if not Id try that.
Do you have any anxiety issues??? OCD? just other suggestions of things to look into. Im sorry your going thru this I can only imagine it is bothersome! good luck to you

Old 04-17-2007, 06:18 AM   #7
(female)

lib4040 HB User

Hi , I have had this problem for 4 years, I have not passed it on to anyone but people say when they are around me , they itch. Some people have been very cruel, and now I am too scared to be around people, it has ruined my life

Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Lib,
There is a new, fairly undocumented and not really understood disease that I have read about and seen on TV. I think the name is something like Margellan's (sp). People complain of feeling like fibers or hair under their skin. Some actually pull the fibers out of their skin. Doctors are clueless about this disease as yet as it is so new.

Does this help any?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Omg this must be so awful for you. Have you had any skin scrapings performed from your scalp? I know there is a powder you can get ( my gran told me about this) that you rub into your hair and scalp. I dont know the name of the stuff but you can try asking your Pharmacist for it. Vinegar will help but wont kill them. Gran also said change your bedding at least 2 times a week and when you use the shower or bathroom, scrub it will bleach and disinfectant. This will kill them in the bathroom. Sorry I coudln't help more.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

I've just found something for you which is used to treat scabies or mites in humans in the scalp/head.

Your need prescription for these though. Names are: Kwell (prescription only) and Eurax ( prescription only)

You can purchase these OTC: A-200 Pyrinate®, Rid® and Cuprex®

There is also a product for cleaning bedding etc which is called: R&C® Spray

Hope this helped.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #11
(female)

KyWildOne HB User

This was a really old thread brought back to life. I hope the OP has found some answers.

My daughter brought home scabies from day care - Lindane (kwell) works but has also had studies about it causing serious issues if used in correctly or even too much - as in brain damage and such. I would NEVER put it anywhere near my scalp because of some of the reports I have read on it.

I had a motorcycle accident a few years back and for months had this same feeling in my scalp. I was off roading so I was out in the woods. Funny, I didnt even hit my head, but really felt like something was crawling in my scalp. I blamed it on allergies and the grassy area I landed in.

Closed Thread