It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2004, 12:50 AM   #1

Rockers HB User
Why Me ?

ok about 6 months ago i had a panic attack for the first time in my life i went to the ER because my heart was beating at 160 a sec after i got in the ER for about 15 mins it droped down to 128 and he said i had a panic attack so ever since then i have allways ben very stressed out , the worst thing that is bothering me is my throat or neck allways gets tight and puffy now i went to the doctor and he said i could have stress problem but when he felt my neck he said i could have thyroid problem so i will be taking the tests soon , but i allways seem to have a heart rate of 111 all the time so could this be stress ? i allways worry about choking and i find it hard to swollow thanks for your help

Last edited by Rockers; 05-31-2004 at 02:55 AM.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
Inactive

Mario21 HB User
Re: Why Me ?

well, your first problem is "why me." you can't think that. that will tell your body that you are scared of panic attacks, and you will get more of them. i was diagnosed with panic disorder, and was cured from it within 4 months without meds. i still have mild anxiety, but no panic attacks. i used to be in the ER 4-5 times a week. my med bills are around 10 grand because of it. you need to realize that no matter what your body does, no matter how your throat feels, no matter how fast your heart races....if its just panic, it can't do anything to you. its harmless. that is one of the weirdest things about this disorder. you honestly feel like you are going to die, right there, trust me i know. but as soon as you can say to yourself, "ok, well, i have a panic disorder, i admit it, but now its time to get back on track." you will start recovering. next time you start having a panic attack, lay down and close your eyes. steady your breathing, and ask yourself "c'mon, is this the worst you can do." and make it a joke. i used to get depersonalization all the time, but then, i used to lay down and say "ok, i feel weird, can you make me feel any weirder than this, is this the best you can do." and by doing that, your telling your body that, its not as bad as you can handle. you've handled it before, and you can again. and just by waiting that 5-10 min, it'll pass, and you'll begin to realize that you can handle it, its not bad at all. just keep an eye on your breathing, make sure you keep it steady, and admit to yourself you have panic....cuz if you don't, you'll hide from it, and thats what panic likes. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2004, 02:56 AM   #3

Rockers HB User
Re: Why Me ?

thanks for your reply its helped me allot

Closed Thread