It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
(male)

nellweems HB User
Unhappy scratchy buttocks crack

(sorry for my lack of formal terminology)

my butt crack area is scratching, it's been going on for a couple of months now but never happened before.

every so often, maybe twice a day or so, it gets really itchy and i need to scratch it (and then i go wash my hands of course).

after going number 2, i make sure i wipe myself really well.

why did it suddenly start happening? how do i stop it?

Nell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2004, 01:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: scratchy buttocks crack

Most likely "yeast" has taken up residence. Use an antifungal cream and see if that stops the problem. Yeast is normal in the intestines/colon and sometimes it becomes overpopulated and takes up residence in warm moist areas on the outside. Careful personal care is of essence. Use hair dryer off and on during the day if possible to help keep area dry.

Not a doctor but have been a yeast queen for many years!

Last edited by Misty800; 06-04-2004 at 01:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2004, 02:07 AM   #3

Damaeus HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellweems
(sorry for my lack of formal terminology)

my butt crack area is scratching, it's been going on for a couple of months now but never happened before.

every so often, maybe twice a day or so, it gets really itchy and i need to scratch it (and then i go wash my hands of course).

after going number 2, i make sure i wipe myself really well.

why did it suddenly start happening? how do i stop it?

Nell
I don't know about anybody else around here, but I haven't had that problem in years...EXCEPT when I use a public restroom and have no way to properly take care of myself. American restrooms are not truly well equipped for anal hygiene. Think of it this way...

Suppose you empty a can of tomato paste on a kitchen countertop. How would you clean it up? You certainly wouldn't get a dry paper towel and smear it up several times until it's gone. If you do, you'll still have a mess.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the "posterior crack" is like the countertop and, well, the other is the tomato paste, though hopefully not the same consistency.

So... when I'm at home, I first take care of business in the toilet. I flush that away and then I hop in the shower and use my shower sprayer to clean myself. Now as strange as this may sound, I also use a nozzle (there is a brand name for this and a website where it can be purchsed, but I'm not allowed to post the website or mention the product, I don't think... let me know if I'm wrong) to spray inside a bit to make sure any thing that didn't come out before comes out during the cleanup. Why? Because wiping yourself may get the accessible areas clean, but there can be remnants left where it's rather awkward to try to clean with toilet paper. And as you walk around, these remnants will eventually be pushed out and smeared around, to put it bluntly.

So I always try to take care of business before leaving the house for the day. And I've noticed that if I have to use a public restroom for number two, sometimes I have the dreaded itch before I can get home to finish the job.

I know this may sound odd to some people, but I know that in some overseas countries, the restroom consists of a pot embedded in the floor and a waterhose next to it on a stand. You poop in the pot, then clean up with the hose which squirts water of an adjustable temperature. Warmer water works best because it encourages the muscle to relax, which allows more water to go where it needs to go to clean out the stuff that wasn't pushed out in the toilet.

So believe me... I'm very experienced at this method as I've been doing number two this way for about ten years. The days of itchy anus and mysterious puffle stains in my underwear are over.

Damaeus

Old 06-05-2004, 05:07 AM   #4
(male)

bogmallo HB User

It could be piles or what is also known as haemerhoids. Go to a doctor and dont delay

Old 06-05-2004, 05:22 AM   #5
Inactive

SnowyLynne63 HB User

I get fungel problems in the crack too.I use a funel cream,it works.I sweat alot hard to stay dry.............

Old 06-05-2004, 11:26 AM   #6
(male)

nellweems HB User
Question Re: scratchy buttocks crack

Quote:
I know this may sound odd to some people, but I know that in some overseas countries, the restroom consists of a pot embedded in the floor and a waterhose next to it on a stand.
not to me. i have seen a similar system. there is a rectangular hole in the ground, you poop in it, then there is a small tap on the side and a small container, you fill up the container with water, then splash it on your crack to clean yourself (at least that's what i did, i may have missed something )

what i don't understand is why it happens to me now, never happened before. could it be because i gained weight recently (may be causing more sweating) ???

i will try losing weight. until then, would it be a good idea to wet the toilet paper first from the tap, and then wipe myself to get a good clean, the shower spray method seems a little too much hastle.

btw, how do i know if it's hemorrhoids?

Last edited by nellweems; 06-05-2004 at 11:27 AM.

Old 06-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #7

Damaeus HB User

Well, splashing water just won't do it for me. I just use the nozzle and spray myself directly, and if I may be so bold, taking the time to make sure the water gets inside me. Not really in an enema style, but more like... well, there's just no other way to say it than call it what it is -- an anal douche.

And for heavier people, this is just the thing as it's much easier to reach everything that needs to be reached. I once was so large (270 pounds) I could barely reach back there to clean myself with toilet paper. A shower sprayer was my saving grace.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:24 AM   #8

helenargon HB User

Nell -- you might consider using damp wipes (the brands for babies like Pampers are very thick and moist -- although they are not flushable), or brands like Cottenelle or Kids that can be flushed one at a time.

They are extremely helpful for keeping the area clean with a minimum of fuss -- just be sure to dry yourself with regular dry toilet paper afterwards.

Old 06-06-2004, 01:33 PM   #9

LADYRET HB User

Just go buy some baby or personal hygeine wipes. Use one after each BM. This will work wonders. Also, you can use some hydrocortisone cream afterwards.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:28 AM   #10

hansi HB User

I get that problem too, no matter how well I wipe myself, after an hour or so I start itching and I wipe again and theres more stuff! there. I tried using moist tissues but they only help a bit, never tought about the shower bit.

Closed Thread