It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2004, 07:25 PM   #1

toker420 HB User
can coughing cause a brain anerurism? should i go to the e.r?

Ive been coughing and having too clear my throat constantly, for like a few months now ever since i smoked some moldy herb. the other day i coughed soo hard it made me dizzy and now the right side of my head, above my temple has been hurting ever since, nonstop... ive been somewhat worried i might have damaged a blood veseel or something in my brain from coughing too hard, is that even possible?

I've thought about going to the e.r. but i dont know, that may be overreacting and i know i can be somewhat of a hypochondriach, especially after smoking up ... dam.. so, what should i do if anything?

The Following User Says Thank You to toker420 For This Useful Post:
ae5219t (05-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2004, 09:20 PM   #2

kcrn1 HB User
Smile Re: can coughing cause a brain anerurism? should i go to the e.r?

I don't know why you are coughing so much and that alone should be reason enough to go get checked out. Coughing increases alot of pressure in the body and intracranial pressure is one of them. This is pressure within brain area. For coughing so hard to produce an aneurysm, and I am not a doc, I would think there needs to be something underlying already. In other words, coughing that bad for a long time may trigger what you were already predisposed to or already had. Does that make sense? You may just have a headache from all the coughing, not necessarily because you have an aneurysm. There are many other factors to consider such as age, if you have high blood pressure, a family history, history of head trauma, etc. When people come in they usually complain of a headache, sometimes vision changes, weakness (this relates to where the aneurysm is), sometimes describe it as the worst headache of their life, unrelieved with Tylenol, with or without nausea/vomiting. Some just have a headache and nothing else. My point is, go to the er, have it checked out, because it's better to be safe than sorry. If nothing else, get that cough taken care of. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread