It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #1

IAM2CUTETODIE26 HB User
Cant breath

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok My Story Around 4 Months Ago I Was At The Beach For The Weekend I Remeber Thinking I Can Breathe So Good At The Beach Then At My House! So On Sunday Imheading Home I Can Breathe Fine I Got Home Could Breathe For A Hour Or Two Then Smoked Some Weed I Know Bad! But I Had The Same Weed For Weeks And My Friends Smoked It Also. Anyways I Took A Hit And Remember Thinking I Cant Breathe Here Then It All Started I Could Not Breathe And I Woke The Next Morning Still Coulnt Breathe I Was Thinking Bout It All The Time! Anyways I Went To The Er Had 100 Percent Oxygen They Said U Can Breathe! Im Like Ok Went Back Like 3 More Times In That Week . The Only Weird Thing Is My Throat Was Swollen Up ! It Took 2 Months For It To Go Down It Was The Back Of My Throat.anyways At The Er The 3rd Time The Guy Was Like Anxiety I Waslike Whats That. Then He Said Ur Getting 100 Percent Oxygen So U Can Breathe
Then He Said Ur Hr Is A Lil High Also 103. They Did A Chest Xr The Doc Said Something Bout It And Gave Me A Inhaler Tryed It Didnt Work ! So I Go Home This Is The Day I Learned How To Take My Pulse I Took It For Like 5 Days In A Row Lol It Was Around 80 -84? So The Sixth Day After This Guy Told Me I Had A Fast Heartrate I Woke Up With My Heart Pounding I Got Nervous Went To The Er My Pulse Was 140! They Did Ekg And Blood Work And Sent Me Home Still With A 120 Pulse! Ever Since Then My Pulse Has Been Over 100 Sitting 3 Months Later! Is This Anxiety? Or A Real Problem Im So Confused! If U Have Any Advice On What U Think Post A Remark Thanks For Reading This Long Story!o Yea Since Then I Got All The Hearttests Done Echo,ekg
Holter For 48 Hrs,stress Test All Came Back Good Except For Fast
134 Highest And The Lowest Was When I Was Sleeping 76! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Cant breath

Sounds as if you had a bad anxiety attack after the day at the beach, perhaps got a little overheated on way home, the thoughts stuck with you, and by the time you smoked marijuana, had an anxiety attack.

Seems they have taken the right type blood work, cardio tests, etc. 80 bpm at home is not high, average is anywhere around 60-80 bpm. So when someone mentioned you had a high heartrate, it threw you into a panic mode. Sounds as if you are experiencing the medical term, tachycardia , which is rapid heartbeat. This is quite a common symptoms with anxiety/panic attacks, with the cant breathe feelings, dizziness, etc.

Marijuana seems to magnify alot of symptoms of anxiety, as does alcohol. If at all possible, try to kick the habit, also drinking sips of cold water when you experience the spells helps, avoid caffine as much as possible, any stimulants.

If after all this you are still experiencing episodes, consult your family doctor.

Good Luck

Old 06-14-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
Inactive

ed321 HB User
Re: Cant breath

I don't know much about heartrates but I used to have anxiety attacks all the time when I was a teen. Back then I smoked weed (may have been a partial cause) but had to quit because of the anxiety. The symptoms I had were being short of breath (taking breaths but feeling like you're getting no oxygen) and getting light headed. The breathing thing was a real creepy feeling. It was the worst when I was trying to sleep because it was the only thing I could think of. It just seems like your breathing patterns are all out of wack. Breathing is something that you usually do without thinking but with the anxiety I used to think about each breath and when to take it.

I felt this way on and off for a week before I had my doc perscribe me xanex. It just kind of calms you down. I was on it for about a year before I gradually got off. Before going the med route I would recommend quiting the weed for a while and getting more exercise (helped me a lot). If your condition doesn't change and your doc is sure it is anxiety then I would recommend xanex. In the mean time try to keep busy and keep your mind off of breathing when you get that feeling.

I have been told it is very hard for some people to get off of xanex once you start, (not the case for me), and some people even take it their whole lives for anxiety problems, so you should avoid getting a perscription if possible. I personally have nothing bad to say about it and I probably would have gone insane without it.

Closed Thread