Today i was making something with a pencil. I used a knife and was slitting the pencil down the middle. While doing so the wooden pencil snapped in half and the knife came down and slit a small cut on the tip of my thumb near the nail abit. The cut is about the size of a staple. It is dark red/blackish. I washed it with water, put that medical gel (pronouced Knee-A-Sporn) on it, and bandaged it. I have just one question about the incident: Can i get lead poison? There was some lead on the pencil from cutting it, and the knife was dark from the lead. If some what should i do? Thanks.
You should be fine . You cleansed the wound, (for the future, a good way to cleanse a cut is with hydrogen peroxide).. You put Neosporin (antiseptic) on it and protected it with a bandage. You won't get lead poisoning from a trace of pencil lead!