It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2004, 04:44 PM   #1

twentyseven HB User
wisdom tooth extraction

Ah.

Okay, I knew the time was coming up and I'd be needing to get these babies out but now I'm really scared about it.

On Friday at 8am, these four impacted kiddos will be coming out. I'm terrified. Not only the whole thing, but getting an IV. I cannot stand needles and started nervoisly crying when I found out that they'd be doing that.

I'm just paranoid and ahh. Just tell me I'm going to be okay. I've got 4 days to worry about it still.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:13 PM   #2

zimnah HB User
Re: wisdom tooth extraction

Had mine out in March, all 4 fully impacted, and I was nervous, too...and I work for a dental insurance company!!! Our training was such that I knew every last horrific detail...and I somehow got through it. The IV is scary, I'll admit, but is standard, and the oral surgeon has to be certified to do it... and I also have to admit that I did not have a good oral surgical experience...but now that all is said and done with, I have to say that the alternative was worse. My wisdom teeth roots were entangled with the nerve roots running through my jawline, and kept getting infected. They also got infected after surgery, mainly due to the irritation of the nerve when the teeth were pulled. It was a month long story from Hades, and while I would never elect to do it again, I'm glad it's done. With fully impacted wisdom teeth, you just have to grit your teeth and bear it. There really is no other way, and as scary as it may be, the long term effects are so much worse. So keep a stiff upper lip and go for it. #1 what choice? and #2 in the end, it's worth it.
Good luck!!

Last edited by zimnah; 06-14-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread