It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2004, 02:08 AM   #1
(female)

cutekitty41 HB User
not sure where to put this

not sure where to put this,
about 6 months ago i started getting a pain in my upper right side just under my rib cage, and i went to the doctor he ordered some blood test and a ultra sound. and gave me some pain med, the meds didnt do anything, and the scan showed nothing. the blood test came out ok.
but the pain didnt go away. it was really bad. after two weeks he put me in the hospital and because i have a high pain threshold i wasnt complaining. they sent me home. now my pain is in both sides and just under the rib cage.
he has sent me to a different doctor because he cant order a ct scan. and when i went to this doctor he told me it was my back and sent me to a therapist. they did a x ray of my spin and found it was tight and had a lot of wear and tear not normal for my age. im now 41.
she has been manipulating my spin, and it has made my back VERY sore.
i didnt have pain in it before she started.
but this has done nothing for the pain in my sides. i am now nausiated and have headachs alot. also my hands go numb. i dont mean they tingle like your
feet do when they go to sleep. i mean numb all the way up to my wrist. i wake up with it at night or if i hold anything.
i have been putting up with the pain for 6 months now and no pain medications seem to help. can you help me? do you have any ideas what it could be. at first they thought it was my gall bladder. but the pain is on both sides now. it gets worse when i do alot of walking or standing. or bending or turning. well just about anything. lol the nausia is really bad, but i dont throw up. the only time i have ever thrown up in my life is when i made myself.
thanks if you can help me
vicky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #2
(male)

janson HB User
Re: not sure where to put this

I think these abnormalities discovered in your spine should be treated first. You didn't say exact diagnosis, you can ask your doctor and she should also tell you what can be done about this. Numbness in your arms very likely arise from pinched nerve. Until this is resolved, medications very probably won't help. I encourage you to insist to find a cause and if doctors won't proceed with searching, you can push them a little.

Last edited by janson; 06-18-2004 at 03:54 AM.

Old 06-16-2004, 12:40 AM   #3

Hurdy HB User

Hi, First let me say that it could be a possibility that your nausea is coming from the pain. Also, from the symptoms you are describing and with the x-ray showing changes in your spine i would almost say that it could be a strong possibility that you may have a herniated disc which would also be pinching nerves. The symptoms of your hands going numb, headaches, the pain worsening upon standing, walking turning and bending sound like a herniated disc. I would most definately encourage your doc to order a MRI of the Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar spine. The MRI would show a whole lot more than a general x-ray. I would also say that with your x-ray showing changes within your spine that are not normal for your age, that would be enough to warrant for the doc to order an MRI for you. I know this may sound weird, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities that the pain you are experiencing on both of your sides could be coming from a herniated disc. I have seen on several occasions where people have had the herniated discs and were experiencing chest and arm pain that was indicative of the same symptoms of a heart attack and ended up going through the whole battery of heart tests before figuring out it was their disc. You may also want to visit the " spinal problems " as well as the " back problems " boards on here if you havent already. There is alot of people there that could probably help you and point you in the right direction. Good luck and hope i was of some help for ya, Wendy

Old 06-21-2004, 11:41 PM   #4

JohnDe HB User

Okay, I know everyone may think that my post is "crazy", but this is what happened to me.

I started having pain on the right side just below my ribs. I saw a lot of doctors who did a lot of tests and scans, but it only got worse and ended up hurting me on both sides (right and left) just under my ribs. I had a lot of nausia also.

To make a long story short, even though the doctors xray and cat scan didn't see it, I was "backed up". I got a colonic as a last resort and while I was being filled with water and the lady giving it to me was massaging the spots which hurt (just below my ribs) I felt a sudden spasm and a bunch of crap (no pun intended) came rushing out of me. It scared me to death but it happend on both sides.

The colon travels up and across your torso and then comes back down. These two corners can be near 90 degrees and sometimes feces can get caught in these corners and cause much pain.

I also remember feeling like that part of me was "sticking out". The doctors didn't seem to think so, and like you they eventually moved to my spine and I was starting to get back pains, but that was casued by the backed up colon.

Anyway, after my colonic was over I not only felt about 20lbs lighter, all my pain and nausia simply vanished.

If you are afraid of taking a colonic (I am a "mans man" and I can honestly say that it didn't hurt at all), at least try adding a lot of fiber to your diet. Perhaps some prune juice.

It happened to me once again almost a year later (not nearly as bad) and once again a colonic completely fixed my problems.

I know some people in medicine don't believe in colon therapy (even though they use to perform it themselves before money making drugs flooded the market) but it worked for me and when I read what you wrote I just wanted to share my story.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:18 AM   #5
(female)

cutekitty41 HB User
Unhappy Re: not sure where to put this

hi and thanks for answering my email.
what is this stuff your talking about.
i will try anything to get rid of the pain. i have been waiting 6 months to get into any doctors here and it will be longer yet before i can get in and then i will have to wait to have any scans. probably another 6 months.
so i will try anything.
i have alot of back pain right now, but i think that is because of the therapy they are doing on my back. it has been getting worse everytime she does it. now i cant sit long or stand long i have to lay down almost all the time.
all they do is give me more pills, and they dont work. i went to the a&e on saturday because i just couldnt take the pain anymore and all she did was hang me pills and send me home.
said it was my mussles lol.
no xrays or anything. i just cant win with the doctors here.
so i will try anything. atleast once.
thanks vicky

Old 06-22-2004, 02:25 AM   #6
(female)

cutekitty41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurdy
Hi, First let me say that it could be a possibility that your nausea is coming from the pain. Also, from the symptoms you are describing and with the x-ray showing changes in your spine i would almost say that it could be a strong possibility that you may have a herniated disc which would also be pinching nerves. The symptoms of your hands going numb, headaches, the pain worsening upon standing, walking turning and bending sound like a herniated disc. I would most definately encourage your doc to order a MRI of the Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar spine. The MRI would show a whole lot more than a general x-ray. I would also say that with your x-ray showing changes within your spine that are not normal for your age, that would be enough to warrant for the doc to order an MRI for you. I know this may sound weird, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities that the pain you are experiencing on both of your sides could be coming from a herniated disc. I have seen on several occasions where people have had the herniated discs and were experiencing chest and arm pain that was indicative of the same symptoms of a heart attack and ended up going through the whole battery of heart tests before figuring out it was their disc. You may also want to visit the " spinal problems " as well as the " back problems " boards on here if you havent already. There is alot of people there that could probably help you and point you in the right direction. Good luck and hope i was of some help for ya, Wendy
if it is a herniated disk wouldnt they do a mri before doing any therapy on my back.
ive had 10 treatments on my back and each time it has gotten worse.
now i have so much pain in my spine. i find it hard to sit or stand let alone walking.
how do i fix this.
it has been six months and im still waiting to get into the ortho doctor and i got a letter yesterday, telling me i have to wait 8 more weeks.
i went to the a&e and all they did was fell it and then give me pills.
no xray, no scan, just pills, and the pills dont even work. but i will keep taking them just incase they will work in time.
my family keeps telling me to come back to the u.s and see the doctors there but it cost way to much. so what can i do. any ideas. also do i let the therapist continue to do my back. i know you will have some pain but i dont think you are suppose to have this much pain?
thanks vicky

Closed Thread