It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
Inactive

kray HB User
Exclamation Whatís wrong with my dad? (Cough related)

Hi all,

My dad has had this persistent cough since Christmas. Iíll give you some more detail.

At Christmas he was working in a very VERY cold warehouse, and became really ill, cold sweats, aching all over, coughing, he was bed ridden for a few days, he went to the doctors, and it seemed to go away.

But since then he has been coughing on and off up-until now , at one point even was coughing up blood in quite large amounts (this was for a few days, bright coloured).

It sounds like he has mucus on his lungs, and Iím sure this has something to do with what happened at xmas.

Thereís no chance he will go to the doctors, because he doesnít think thereís anything wrong with him, he coughs so much in little bit throughout the day I donít think he realises heís doing it anymore. He also breaths funny sometimes.

What could he have wrong with him? If I could tell him I could try and convince him to get medication.

Heís 54 years old, and in good health, has no other problems except this coughing, well, heís pretty miserable sometimes, but I think thatís just normal.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers.

Old 06-16-2004, 02:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Whatís wrong with my dad? (Cough related)

Any cough that has persisted this long (almost 6 months) should been seen by a doctor. A chest xray most likely would be given, its could also be a possibility of pnuemonia or bronchitis. Anti-botics given for both of these.

I sure hope you can get your Dad to the doctor to be evaluated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread