It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2004, 04:09 AM   #1
(female)

eltwins HB User
Menopause/IBS/Anxiety or what??!!

Hi I am a 38 yr old female. Every so often I awake early, about 5.00 am, with feeling hot, plapatations, nervousness, nausea. I then feel the nausea all day and that can last for a few days to two weeks. The last time I had it, it was 2 1/2 weeks! It has just started up again and I can't stand another bout. I lost 13 lbs in weight last time. This time it has started with my period, it has done this once before. I do not get any stomach pain or excessive gas. I do get a little bloated before my period starts, due to water retention I assume. It is the nausea I can't stand, as it interfers with EVERYTHING. I have had two different tablets from the doc. for this, but they don't do alot except make me drowsy. I have had extensive blood works done. I don't know exactly what for, as I am in the UK and we don't get told too much! I know there was thyroid done. I must admit at this point, that if I can manage to distract my mind it goes, and comes back when I think of it again or if I dwell on it, as I am doing today and just laying around. Can anyone help and point me in some direction? Thanks for reading.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: Menopause/IBS/Anxiety or what??!!

It sounds as if it is hormone related. I don't know if it is perimenopause. Some women can start into peri around your age because it takes about 10 years to complete the cycle. That is not to say that you will have all the same symptoms for those ten years. The symptoms come and go. Some say that to determine when you will go into menopause, determine when your mother went through it. Although, that way is not always reliable. I am 57, quite a bit older than you, and didn't go into menopause until two years ago. However, I did notice nausea with the changing of my periods about five years ago and still continue with a two week cycle of it now. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2004, 06:02 PM   #3

lupine HB User

Sounds menopausal to me as well, get some herbal hormone , or soy based ..it may help.. Yaps

Old 06-18-2004, 11:02 PM   #4

shedrake HB User

I have the same thing. I would get all hot and sick at my stomach. Since I am 37 no one around me thought it could be perimenopause, but I was convinced that it definitely was hormonal. It caused me to have panic attacks because I thought I was dying! I would try to have a bowel movement to get rid of the sick feeling-and it worked sometime.

Anyway, I had a hysterectomy last May and I don't have that feeling nearly as often--so I am pretty sure it is hormonal. Just hang in there. My husband and kids have become very helpful because I just tell them that I feel anxious or "gripey" and they know that it will pass. It helps my anxiety that they know and understand.

Closed Thread