It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #1

JohnDe HB User
Question Painful "Hot Flashes" on a guy

Okay, I don't know what the correct terminology for this is, but I will try my best.

I have been having a sensation of sudden heat localized to a single distinct area. It comes seemingly out of no where, lasts for about 5 seconds and then completely goes away. Often only to return within a few minutes and then to go away again.

It mostly happens in my legs. Sometimes my right shin. Today it was the inside of my right thigh. I was outside in my garden and it hit me. The inside of my right upper leg felt like it was going to burst into flame then it went away. It came back a total of two times.

I can't seem to find anything about this using the search engines. I am not sure what to even call it. "hot flash" seems like a correct term, but it is always localized to one area and since I am a male, I am certain it is not related to menopause.

I hope someone will know what I am talking about.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #2

JohnDe HB User
Re: Painful "Hot Flashes" on a guy

Dang.... I was sure hoping that someone could help me on this one.

PLEASE HELP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDe
Okay, I don't know what the correct terminology for this is, but I will try my best.

I have been having a sensation of sudden heat localized to a single distinct area. It comes seemingly out of no where, lasts for about 5 seconds and then completely goes away. Often only to return within a few minutes and then to go away again.

It mostly happens in my legs. Sometimes my right shin. Today it was the inside of my right thigh. I was outside in my garden and it hit me. The inside of my right upper leg felt like it was going to burst into flame then it went away. It came back a total of two times.

I can't seem to find anything about this using the search engines. I am not sure what to even call it. "hot flash" seems like a correct term, but it is always localized to one area and since I am a male, I am certain it is not related to menopause.

I hope someone will know what I am talking about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2004, 02:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Painful "Hot Flashes" on a guy

I used to get a burning/searing sensation in my legs, last few seconds and would come and go, it wasnt a hot flash per se, that I needed cold water and fan myself. It was a compressed nerve on my hip that was causing the pain. Is this more like what your experiencing?

Closed Thread