It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 10:25 PM   #1
Inactive

lammys HB User
Lump behind left tonsil

I am scared to death, today after examining my mouth I noticed a funny shaped red lump behind my left tonsil (which is a little tender)....could this be due to an infection in the tonsil? I was recently at the dentist, and he didn't mention a thing! Please help, this is scarying me to death.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 04:31 AM   #2

drea22 HB User
Re: Lump behind left tonsil

Just going by my own personal experience, i would calm down a bit. My tonsils are always changing shape and i think this is normal, my left tonsil is larger and lumpier than the right and i get sore throats often which seem to origionate on the left side. I believe that any kind of throat infection can cause changes to the shape and overall appearance of tonsils and aren't they normally consisted of several "lumps" I have never been that worried about their appearance and just figured that since no dr or dentist has ever mentioned that this is irregular that the tonsils are just an odd part of us. The tonsils work to trap and fight off harmfull bacteria dont they? considering they do it is reasonable to believe that they can easily become inflamed or change shape in response to infection. Just to be safe i would have it looked at by an ear nose and throat dr, especially since you're so worried. Your post made it sound like the "lump" was not a part of your tonsil but when i look at mine i think it would be hard to determine whats tonsil and whats not, if you are someone who has always had throat infections and they are bothering you maybe consider removal? Just a suggestion, Hope you feel better, calm down and get everything checked out so thats possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread