It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #1

golsoam HB User
Unhappy swollen taste bud on tongue....how do i get rid of it?

I have a painful, swollen taste bud on the middle of my tongue in the front. It hurts so badly, what can I do to make it go away?? I'll try anything!
P.S. I am sure it's not an ulcer or blister or anything.....simply a swollen taste bud.
Thanks for reading and giving me any advice!!
God Bless!

Old 06-25-2004, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: swollen taste bud on tongue....how do i get rid of it?

Yeah, they hurt like carazzzzy!! I use Orajel for mouth sores. It's awesome and they are gone in a day or two.

I get them more often than I'd like, and this stuff works well. I put on with a q-tip, scrub it around the area (it numbs it) a few times a day.

Hope this helps...
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #3

AshlyBth HB User

Make sure to rinse your mouth out with some mouth wash, that usually gets rid of it for me. I always get them when I have an upset stomach, they are pretty painful!

Old 06-27-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
(female)

mrsstats HB User

Not to scare you, but get it checked out. I just met someone in his 30's who had a sore on his tongue and turned out to be cancer. Never smoke, never chewed tobacco. So better to be on the safe side.

Old 06-27-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
(female)

mikilyn HB User

This also sounds crazy but I get those all the time (if I eat anything too hot)- I actually just pull them off! It will hurt so bad but until it's actually off, no pain at all!

Just a thought!
Michelle

Old 08-14-2004, 07:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Mikilyn,

How did you determine that it was a swollen taste bud? If you don't pick them off, how long does it last? Does stress bring that on?

Old 08-14-2004, 08:13 AM   #7
Inactive

brimormsbp HB User

it maybe oral candidiasis

Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
(female)

maggie53 HB User

They hurt SO much it drives me crazy. My kids and I get them all too often. I have asked so many people and am amazed that not much seems to be known about them. Finally one day I asked our pediatrician and he said that religious gargling with Listerine is the only thing that prevents them. Trial and error (forgetting or stopping using it) seems to verify that theory. When we stop we get them. I have some now and tried coating them with Kanka (great stuff) to kill the pain and then nipping them off with sharp clippers, They come right off and it does not hurt but it also does not seem to be a perfect solution. One seemed to almost grow back. They also seemed to multiply. My son reports the same thing, it seems to make them mulitply. I do not know why this would be unless they are viral things. But this one started I think because the orthodontist tech put a new band on a tooth and did not take off the inside hook and it left a rough spot that immediately turned into one of these PAINFUL things so the trauma theory seems to apply; that hurting the tongue causes them. The strange thing though is that a few popped up on the side then, away from the trauma. So I do not know but I sure would like to find out how to get rid of them. They last way way too long and hurt like heck. You can't talk or eat too well and they just flat out make me crabby until they are gone. So if anyone knows more than that please let me know. I am dying to find out what causes them and what to do to get rid of them faster than just waiting a WEEK!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

You know, ordinary 3% hydrogen peroxide is a much better mouthwash than Listerine for most purposes, it prevents bad breath longer, for example. Might do a better job of preventing tongue bumps, too.

Closed Thread