It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
(male)

jbfresh1 HB User
Exclamation Problem with Shoulder

Hi, i recently played volleyball for the first time in about a month and a half. i didn't stretch my arms out as well as i should have (which i know is wrong). my shoulder began to hurt towards the end of my volleyball game and got to the point where i couldn't even swing my arm anymore. now, almost a week later, it still hurts in my shoulder when i raise or swing my arm. i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what could be wrong with it. any replies are greatly appreciated. thank you.

Old 06-26-2004, 03:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

velvet48 HB User
Re: Problem with Shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfresh1
Hi, i recently played volleyball for the first time in about a month and a half. i didn't stretch my arms out as well as i should have (which i know is wrong). my shoulder began to hurt towards the end of my volleyball game and got to the point where i couldn't even swing my arm anymore. now, almost a week later, it still hurts in my shoulder when i raise or swing my arm. i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what could be wrong with it. any replies are greatly appreciated. thank you.
hi there. where exactly is the pain. is it in the joint? if you press in places around the shoulder, where does it hurt the most. if on the side, could be a muscle strain. if right in the joint, you could have a calcium deposit building and it is now beginning to bother you. may be worth a visit to the dr to find out.
karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
(male)

jbfresh1 HB User
Arrow Re: Problem with Shoulder

well it only hurts when i rotate my shoulder, not when i just push on it, so i was wondering if it sould be like a strained rotator cuff or something of that nature. thank you for your reply and any other ones in the future are greatly appreciated.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Problem with Shoulder

It's possible that you could have strained or tore your rotator cuff. If it hurts to lift your arm above your head and your shoulder hurts if you press on it on the side (gah the muscle name escapes me) then that is an indication of a rotator cuff problem. Also frontal pain can be another symptom.
Try icing it and taking some anti-imflamatory type medication like alieve or something similiar. If it isn't better soon you should get it check out.

Closed Thread