It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2004, 11:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
Question belly button lint

OK, I know this is a gross topic. I have a very itchy belly button. It is also very deep. I want to know if anybody knows how to get all of the belly button lint out of there! I've tried q-tips but they don't really work too well. I wash as deep as I can with a washcloth when I go in the shower, but it's still itchy and when I scratch inside, all this yucky stuff (lint) comes out on my fingernail. Eeeeeewwww!

Is there anything that I can put in there to clean it out, like some sort of astringent?

Thanks,
Elyse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: belly button lint

Hi....try peroxide for general skin use (10 volume) that you find in the store in the skin bandaid/ointment area. Lay down, and with a dropper..put some in your navel. It will foam up. Dab it with a tissue. Do this a few times and then use a q-tip to get it all cleaned out. Do this every few days. It's probably from soap/lint build-up.

It will probably burn/pinch, but that could be if the skin is raw.

Hope you're belly-button lint-free soon.
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 06-27-2004 at 02:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread