It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

Summer_Lovin HB User
Exclamation Severe neck pain

Ok so what happened was yesterday my brother and I were *supposedly* play fighting. Anyways, things got rough and this is going to sound weird but he kind of put me into a headlock and grabbed the back of my head and pretty much made it touch my stomach(sorry, I'm trying as best as I can to explain it). The pain afterwards was not incredibly unbearable but as the day went on it got much worse. So I put ice on the back of my neck, even though it didn't really do much. Last night it was kind of rough to sleep and this morning I woke up in a great deal of pain. My concern is that I think he might of done some significant damage to my neck. Everything is else is fine, like I read about neck injuries on the internet and I don't have any numbness or tingling, but I have excruciating neck pain. I can move my head left, right, front and back but the pain when doing that is just horrendous. I think I may have received whiplash but I'm not entirely sure? Also I was wondering if anyone knows what I can do to relieve the pain? And if there was something quite seriously wrong because of this would I know?...

I know this has been a vague post,sorry, I tried the best I could to explain everything.

Thanks to anyone that replies,

Summer_Lovin

Old 06-28-2004, 05:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Severe neck pain

Yes he could have caused some damage, you should go to the doctor and get an xray of your neck. Your brother needs to be told, however harmless it appears on TV, it is extremely dangerous to be doing this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Numbness in extremeties due to a neck injury isn't always a rapid onset, meaning you could have in fact injured your neck.
It might be a case of whiplash, pulled muscle or a problem with the disk.
I agree with the above poster, you really need to get it check out, especially if it is as painful as you describe.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

If your insurance covers it I would make an appointment with a Neurologist. he can do a test, you will have to ask for it, and EMG, that will test to see if a nerve is involved.

Closed Thread