It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2004, 09:39 AM   #1

Lost-Soul HB User
Exclamation Im 18/m and dont know what to do.

I had a new object near/in my rectal area and it disappeared and now there are 3 objects, i dont want to talk to anyone about it because i would feel awkward and i have no idea what they are. My rectal area is very sora and itchy. i dont even know if im using the right terms to describe it. could someone help me find out what it is? I was thinking of removing them myself with a pair of sharp scissors but i dont know if thats such a great idea.

Last edited by Lost-Soul; 07-01-2004 at 09:40 AM.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Im 18/m and dont know what to do.

Lost,

Sounds as if they are hemorrhoids, caused by straining to go to the bathroom especially if you have hard stools. DO NOT attempt to cut them off. Yes they do itch, can be sore, and usually appear to be round or tear drop shaped type globs of soft skin, can range to small to 1-2 inches. You can get some Preparation H creme to reduce the swelling and itching. If it becomes very frequent or more bothersome, see a doctor. It is very common.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 11:44 AM   #3

Lost-Soul HB User

Would they go away over time?

Old 07-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User

Small ones can in a way, hemorrhoids are basically anal fissures, most are inside the anus and many dont even realize they have them, till they appear on the outside. When the swelling goes down, they can recede back into the anal area. If they are larger sometimes they dont. I have had one since the age of 22 from giving birth to my daughter, the pushing and straining. It doesnt bother me, and its not likely most people are going to notice it. If this bothers you about possible appearances, doctors do perform surgery, mostly if it is the extreme soreness, and clusters of them.

Do try the hemorrhoids cream, tucks pad, etc for swelling and itching, try not to strain when going to the bathroom, if the swelling hasnt reduced and itching within one month, then see your doctor.

Old 07-04-2004, 10:39 PM   #5
(female)

karaokediva33 HB User

I would go to a gastroenterologist they specialize in looking at things like this and don't be shy. Things happen....DO NOT cut this..
I realize it is embarrasing but your health is important so go to the doctor...
Good luck!

Old 07-05-2004, 03:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

jaydees HB User

The term hemorrhoids refers to a condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed.

I reiterate what they others have said, DO NOT cut them. They are veins and you could bleed a lot, you would be opening yourself up to sepsis(infection in the bloodstream). Only a doctor can surgically remove them or lance them to remove clots.

Preperation H works well. It causes them to shrink and relieves the soreness and itching.

When you gotta "go" try to just let it happen rather than straining to get the job over quick. If stool is hard you need to incorperate more fiber and liquids in your diet.Water is good but it need not be water all the time. Drink an apple juice, orange juice or iced tea in the morning instead of or at least in conjuction with, coffee. Do the same at lunch , afternoon break and at dinner. If that isn't enough try a stool softener, you'll find them in any pharmacy.

This is life, don't be embarrassed.

Old 07-05-2004, 04:23 PM   #7

Lost-Soul HB User

Iv just waited it out, and i have only one remaining. so im geting a little happyer lol

Old 07-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #8

JoWo HB User

There are external and internal hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids are inside the lower rectum and external hemorrhoids are swelling veins like lump of tissues at the anus. I had external hemorrhoids many years back. Even sitting on a chair hurts a little and there was a little blood on the toilet paper after I passed motion. I bought cream for piles/hemorrhoids (get it from pharmacy) and applied it for about a week. I took oral tablets for piles/hemorrhoids at the same time. After a week, my problem was solved. I think I got it because I was stressed as well as I ate too much heaty and spicy food. I also did not drink sufficient water or eat enough fruits. Hence when I was on the road to recovery, I drank more water and eat more fruits too.

Closed Thread