It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #1

LaAlltheway0034 HB User
undereye circles

hello, i am 15 and i have very dark undereye circles, its really ugly and even makeup doesnt work a covering them up, also i get tons of sleep so thats not the problem, its prolly hereditary. does any one have any suggestions that will lighten them up or even make them disappear. THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2004, 11:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: undereye circles

Have you been tested for allergies?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2004, 11:00 PM   #3

LaAlltheway0034 HB User

nope, could that be the problem? my mom has lots of allergys. is your nose suppose to be completly clear (like u can breath thru it wit no problem) all the time, cuz mine never is, would this be a sign of allergy's

Old 07-03-2004, 11:42 PM   #4
(female)

missaday HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAlltheway0034
hello, i am 15 and i have very dark undereye circles, its really ugly and even makeup doesnt work a covering them up, also i get tons of sleep so thats not the problem, its prolly hereditary. does any one have any suggestions that will lighten them up or even make them disappear. THANKS!
hello i am 51 had them all my life. get some glasses.the bottom edge of glasses lays right where the circles are. there is no cure. sorry

Old 07-04-2004, 07:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User

Before I would resort to saying no cure, yes allergies do cause dark circles, and not having cleared breathing also the fact your mom has allergies, makes you more prone to having them also. Once my son was diagnosed with allergies and give proper medication, the dark circles disappeared.

Old 07-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #6
(female)

karaokediva33 HB User

I had the same problem for many years...here are a few tips

1. Try to sleep more
2. Use creams that contain antioxidant vitamins like vitamin C...(I really love alpha hydoxy products and use them nightly and i love eye firming cremes) but your younger and may not need all of this..
3. Avoid caffeine (if you can)
4. Drink lots of water
5. Apply cold compress

Here is an article i found useful...
Covering Undereye Circles
The fastest cure for dark circles is to apply concealer. Choose a gold-based color that matches your skin shade exactly (the gold will counteract the blue of the undereye circle).
The most common mistake women make when applying concealer is choosing a color that's too light -- this only achieves a "reverse raccoon" effect. Another common problem: putting the concealer only under the eye. You should apply it all around the eye area, and be sure to blend well. Set the concealer with a light dusting of translucent face powder so that it stays put. And to avoid drawing attention to your undereye area, don't apply eyeliner or mascara to your lower lashes.

Often, the inner corner of the eye is the darkest part. A white shimmer pencil will cover it. Some companies manufacture a blueish or white pencil just for this purpose.

Good luck...

Old 07-05-2004, 01:36 PM   #7
(female)

Janette* HB User

If the above doesn't get rid of your undereye circles, I recommend you use Clinique's Soft Conceal Correcter. 'Cause my undereye circles ARE hereditary, so I just cover them up. =|

After trying a billion other concealers, Clinique's was the only one that REALLY covered them... So I just thought I'd let you in on that.

Actually, though, people have been saying that Olay's Eye Regenerist thickens the skin so the dark circles fade away some. I'll be giving that a try soon...

Closed Thread