It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #1

DarkTower HB User
Question Bead up nose

1. I have a memory that I put a bead up my nose when I was about 3 years old. It was a smallish bead, i think, but I remember it got stuck in my nose at the bones high in the nose, so I forced it through and it went completely up the nose so that I could no longer feel it. I am now 19. My question is, could this bead still remain in the nasal cavity. On telling my mom about this recently, she said she remembered my shoving something up my nose (maybe I mentioned it when I was little, but I dont remember). She says I probably swallowed it. I say that she cant say that for certain. What are the chances of it still remainging stuck in there somewhere, or if it is unlikely, is it still *possible*?

2. I also always tend to have one nostril which is usually blocked. If my right nostril is clear and I close it with my finger its difficult to get air in through the left nostril, and vice versa. Anyone else experience this?

3. Also, for a while now, I dont know how long, perhaps a year maybe I've been able to feel swollen lymph nodes under my right arm. I can easily distinguish two, and they can be moved slightly. They are painless. Is it normal to be able to detect lymph nodes like this under the arm (and for such a long time?)?

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Bead up nose

Hi,

It's possible it's still in there....many people live with various objects in their bodies and don't know it (surguries, accidents, self-placement...)

If you have a concern and believe the bead could be still there, a sinus x-ray should be able to put your mind to rest.

As well, have you seen an ENT? You might have to see more than one before you get a proper evaluation. I have a friend who was just diagnosed with polyps and a deviated septum, both causing blockage and miserable symptoms. One doctor even put him on antidepressants....another asked him if he could breathe..the response was yes and the conclusion..well there's nothing wrong then. Go figure.

Hope you find the problem and get it resolved.

Let us know the diagnosis.
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
Re: Bead up nose

The bead could still be there....I fell off a scooter (long story) 3 years ago and a piece of concrete got loged in my upper lip and they never could get all of it out. I have had it lasered a couple of times to try to burst it but it is still there and one of my teachers fell when she was little and a rock got stuck in her eye brow and she still has it there even decades after! So after that long winded description!....it is possible that the bead is still there.

Closed Thread