It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #1

AlexS HB User
Arrow Torturing Problem

For some awkward reason,when I was 18 I developed big hairs on my upper arm and outer armpit that caused me to itch terribly.
Because of a lot of depilations that I did at the outer part of the armpit, stretch marks occured. I had them for years, they were red and prevented me from closing my arm properly (they caused a really bad feeling). I tried everything from peelings to a thousand cremes but to no avail.
Also, from the lot of depilations (with electrolysis, wax, laser), the skin on the armpit developed a semi-hard lump. THe doctors examined it and said it was nothing, just a fold/crease of the skin, but I can feel it hard inside esp. every time I close my armpit.
Finally, in the beginning of June I had the stretch marks operated. The result was a very big scar in the shape of 'Z'in the outer part of the armpit (where the armpit becomes the hand). It went well in the beginning but for some time now it feels really hard when I close my armpit or when I walk. It feels really awkward. It feels like there is an obsticle there.

I've been given tons of ointments, but they dont lessen the bad feeling the closure of the armpit gives me. Besides, they take months to have some effect, but I really CANT wait much longer. The feeling is so bad that I honestly don't want to do anything.

I've had two more plastic surgery operations in my armpit, and now my right armpit is deformed. I am EXPERIENCING SERIOUS HARDSHIP when I close my armpit or when I practically do anything, in the armpit area.

I don't know what to do. I just found this place and I am desperate for your help. Plastic surgeons won't taker the risk to operate me again here, so I'm asking if you know of a VERY GOOD and UNDERSTANDING surgeon/ plastic surgeon that can HELP me.

It could be because I've had a lot of stuff done on the armpits. Right armpit is deformed from the plastic surgeries, left armpit also hard to move, some doctor pressed it to find the trigger points and it left it with a pain inside, some 1 1/2 year ago. I tried Mesulid for some time and the hardship and difficulty went away from the left armpit, but last summer after a swim in the sea it returned and since then hasn't gone away...

Please, I beg all of you. I need to get my armpit in the way that it was before everything started. I know that sounds superficial, but there's GOT to be a way. Even an improvement would be welcome. The skin lump and the 'Z' scar annoy me way too much.

PLEASE help me in any way you can, even if you don't have a plastic surgeon in mind. It would come handy though if I could get in touch with someone in that field.

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank anyone that replies. I can't move my arm probably because of this. Also, both armpits feel like glued and sticky everytime I have a bath and get really hard to move. I can't have a bath to relax anymore, the skin on the armpits feels so sticky and swollen.

I know that my problem is awkward, but I am in serious need of some help.

Thank you,

Alex.

Last edited by AlexS; 07-06-2004 at 04:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: Torturing Problem

I can't advise you on a Plastic surgeon, however, I am wondering if you don't have built up scar tissue under there causing you the problem with closing your arm, especially if it's tight or feels painful. I have alot of it in my hip from hip replacements and it is rigid to touch and hurts very bad at times.
If that is the case I'd speak to a doctor about it to see if that is in fact a possibility. They can remove the scar tissue. One thing you can try doing yourself is rubbing some vitamin E oil on the scar area and massage the scar up and down not along it. If it is a scar tissue problem this can help you some at least, especially if it is something pretty fresh. You have to do this every day and be faithful about it. The vitamin E will also help to lighten the scar some.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #3

AlexS HB User
Unhappy Re: Torturing Problem

Yes, there is a LARGE scar tissue and also disfiguration. There is a large CHEILEODIC (sp?) scar tissue going from almost bottom to top of the armpit and heavy disfiguration, the skin looks 'pulled' completely.

Removing the scar tissue? That's the first time I hear it. All the plastic surgeons Ive talked to here say it can't be done - but I live in Greece, a country with a ******* health system.

What kind of doctor can remove it (and even repair the disfiguration of the armpit) anyone?

Old 07-09-2004, 09:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

It can be done as doctors were considering doing this to me as I have a huge amount of build up in my hip from 4 hip replacements and reconstructions. It is VERY painful sometimes, sometimes worse than when the hip was arthritic.

Plastic surgeons can do this. [removed] You need a reputable plastic surgeon, one who does reconstructive and disfiguration surgery not just implants and faces. A lot of people make the mistake of going to the wrong type of plastic surgeon who may not be qualified to do some of the more difficult proceedures.

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 07-09-2004 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Do not instruct others on off board searches. Thank you!

Old 07-11-2004, 06:58 AM   #5

AlexS HB User

I know. But the plastic surgeons here in Greece don't know anything. Maybe I need to go to the TOP plastic surgeon here again, to whom I went when I had just the stretch marks in my armpit, but who then said to me that in that particular area, they couldn't be removed. Maybe I need to see other top plastic surgeons here, or the top plastic surgeons abroad, but I don't know any of them in both cases. I don't know where to turn to.. And even if I did know where to refer to, I don't know if I could go, I can barely move inside my house and havent gone out of my house for over 6 months.. It's a nightmare. Anyone can help?

Old 07-11-2004, 10:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

AlexS-

Have you posted on the Cosmetic Surgery Board? Folks there are very knowledgable about plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery etc (not just cosmetic) and they even name doctor's names.
Perhaps someone might know where you can get a great surgeon in perhaps London, Italy or France, (closer to home!) as well as in the U.S./Canada, etc.

I'm sure there's some help for you somewhere even if it means having to travel out of Greece.
Good luck,
zuzu xxx

Old 07-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #7
(female)

HondaDoll HB User

Oh my God!! Tell me about it! No offense to Greece, that is my country and I'm very proud of it, but the health system over there is awful!! You have to pay the nurses yourself to take care of the patient. My thia has been in the hospital for over a month now, thats alot of money paying nurses for 3 times a day, personally I think they're just trying to keep her there to collect the money. It totally makes me appreciate the doctors over here in America. But, as far as your problem goes, I've heard that France has great plastic surgeons, maybe they could help. But vitamin E really does help with scars, so I definitly recommend that. Good luck and your in my prayers!

Old 07-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #8

AlexS HB User

Zuzu8, I don't see a board at the site you linked me to.. Where do I post and ask about my problem?

Old 07-17-2004, 12:24 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

This link will take you a complete list of all the forums available to you here on the Healthboards, including Cosmetic Surgery. They are listed in alphabetical order.
You'll have to copy and paste the link into your address bar since links are not automatically clickable anymore on this website:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/index.php?

Good luck,

zuzu

Old 07-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #10

AlexS HB User

Oh thank u, I clicked on the link you'd made and it linked to "Rosenstock Lieberman Cosmetic Surgery" -- sorry, I didn't understand you meant on this boards. I feel so much discomfort, that I actually didn't see the "Cosmetic Surgery" Board on this forums, can you believe that?? Thanks for the advice, Zuzu!

Closed Thread