It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
(male)

confused20 HB User
scam or possible?

Hello, I was wondering if these so called height increasing methods and pills actually work? I know it's probably a scam but then again maybe they help. So what do u guys think? Is it pretty much a scam or is it possible? Thanks.

Old 07-06-2004, 11:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: scam or possible?

Hi,

Do you know what's in the pills? It's probably a hormone that's normally produced by the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is what controls growth.

I know of one person who was very small (because of a pituitary gland deficiency) and she took a series of pituitary hormones.... she was very very small and I hear she's in the "average" range height now. She took them when she was a child.

Assuming it's you who is wanting to increase your height...have you discussed this with your doctor...what does he/she say about it?

I wouldn't purchase, let alone ingest, ANYTHING that promises dreams come true...the guarantee of what's in the pills would be questionable.

BUT, if you're serious about increasing your height...please discuss it with your doctor or an endocrinologist. Maybe your insurance will even cover it.

Best to you,
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 07:58 AM   #3
(male)

confused20 HB User

Thanks for the reply quincy. Well, I'm way passed my childhood days which pretty much means I'm done growing, the type of pills that you described are probably only helpful if you take them as you are growing, which is why I guess they would be of no help to me anymore. But there are these websites that claim you can grow til 26 if you take their medication. First of all I would never order something online that makes such a claim and expect an increase of 3 inches. But if something out there might actually work at my age (21) I wouldn't mind discussing it with a doctor. Just wanted to make sure before I sound rediculous asking my doctor such a dumb question. Thanks again.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

I would say that it's a scam but you could always call your local Pharmacist because they sometime know more than a doctor when it comes to medicine! Good Luck and be careful!

Old 07-11-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

Pretty much a scam, in fact any of those pills that cause any body part to "grow" or become "larger" are also scams. If items like this worked the FDA would probably grab ahold of it and make it a prescription, you know, they have to make their money somehow

Be VERY careful with supplements like that, the warning lables alone are enough to make you go running scared!

Old 07-11-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
(male)

confused20 HB User

Yeah I guess that's true. Besides if it were true then everyone would be 3 inches taller.

Closed Thread