It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
ears ringing

ive got ears ringing,depression,nero symptoms and worried its ms or somat, what could it be? thanks, x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 06:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

craftlady HB User
Re: ears ringing

What kind of nero problems do you mean? Ears ringing could be from headachs, low blood pressure, ear infections, dehydration. You might want to talk to a doctor about it to see what is best corse of action for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 07:46 AM   #3

Craftycarver HB User
Thumbs down Re: ears ringing

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriltones
ive got ears ringing,depression,nero symptoms and worried its ms or somat, what could it be? thanks, x
Sounds like you have got Tinatus, no cure at the moment, just turn the sound up on the tv.
You are not alone, there are millions of us sufferers.

Slainte..........CC

Old 07-11-2004, 12:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

I have it in my right ear only. A constant high pitched ringing. Never found out the cause in my case and I just have to live with it, although some days are better than others (for again, unknown reasons!).

The actual spelling for ear ringing is tinnitus. Sometimes there seems to be no cause nor apparent reason for it. Sometimes it's transient, sometimes constant, sometimes intermittent.
It can be a sign of hearing loss, or it can result from head injuries, or diseases that range from the common cold to diabetes. People who work with noisy equipment, such as power tools, can also get it. Or tinnitus may be initiated by a single loud noise, such as a gunshot or an explosion. It can also be a symptom of almost any ear disorder, including the following:
Ear infections
Blocked ear canal
Blocked eustachian tube
Otosolerosis
Tumors of the middle ear
Meniere's disease
Damage to the ear caused by drugs (such as aspirin and some antibiotics)

It can also be caused by many other disorders such as anemia, heart and blood vessel disease including hypertension and arteriosclerosis, and low thyroid hormone levels in the blood (hypothyroidism).

Have you seen your doctor?

zuzu xx

Old 07-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi thanks all, i have tingling,burning sensations, alot like fibromalgia. It all started since having baby. The er ringing has been present few months. Im on waiting list for neuro. Had loads of tests, blood tests. I done some research and found a word called begnign fasciculations which could be responsiblr for neuro symptoms since birth. I found a post that someone had same problem and doc said about that. Thanks all, love april x

Old 07-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #6
(female)

foofoo65 HB User

I have had tinitis for a few years now, no cure for it. My father had it for a while and believe it or not, a trip to the chiropractor took care of it.

Closed Thread