It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 05:25 PM   #1

Persivate HB User
online nhs prescriptions????

Hello.

My current GP just does not like prescribing and medication. Is it possible to get NHS prescriptions online, or from some other source without having to go to my GP? I tried to get my medication privately but suffered a really big shock when I was told how much the private prescription costed!

If such a thing does exist, please do not post the web addresses etc until permission is received from the moderator as this is very important to me and I don't want to be banned or have this thread closed.

I also would like to know if I am allowed to look at my own health records, both paper records and electronic ones. Can I just walk into my gp's and ask to see my medical records? Is there any information which they keep about us that we are not allowed to see?

Thank you

Last edited by Persivate; 07-10-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: online nhs prescriptions????

Many prescriptions are available online, however, the US gov is cracking down on them because there's no real monitoring and pretty much anyone can get any medication. Do a simple search, you'll see.
BTW, medications you purchase online after seeing a "virtual doctor" will cost you 3 times more than what a real prescription does.

If you have a legitimate problem I suggest you seek out a new doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 04:23 PM   #3

Persivate HB User
Re: online nhs prescriptions????

Hello Kissa

I am able to get prescription medicines via a private presciption online but I want to know if I could get an NHS prescription online. There are private prescribers who issue private prescriptions online, but are there any NHS prescribers who can issue an NHS prescription online?

I do have a genuine problem and what helps very much is ssri's (seroxat in particular) but the problem is finding a doctor who is not afraid to prescribe it. The stupid GP practises won't even allow me to have a word with the doctor before joining, so what I have to do is join a gp and then ask him if he will prescribe seroxat and when he says no, move onto another gp! How may gps will I need to go thorugh? Getting a gp to accept a new patient is nearly impossible where I live.

I have had enough of gps and their bad moods and their prescribing useless medicines to everyone. They really DO NOT care about their patients. I bet their families don't get the cheap stuff!

Closed Thread