It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #1

shannon30 HB User
Unhappy Anyone feel ill everday?

Everday I feel ill...I have been like this for 6 months everyday...I feel weak, lightheaded, my heart seems to beat very hard alot, i just have to lay down like all the time...I am very sore all over my back, I feel like I can't catch my breath. I am so weak sometimes that I can't even make dinner as I feel like I am going to fall over,..I have had my heart checked out with the most expensive blood tests out their..wore a halter monitor, ekg, MRI of my brain, Cat scan of my nose, blood work for the rest of my body, and an adominal ultrasound....everything has come back good...any ideas? I am desperate......

Old 07-12-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User
Re: Anyone feel ill everday?

Hi Shannon,

You know I wonder about environmental illness or multichemical sensitivity being an issue. My daughter has dealt with that. What happens is the body becomes toxic and you begin to react to a lot of things, and develop a lot of allergies. I know that if you have a problem with an allergy to a food you have ingested, often it will cause problems with back pain and generally, from what I have seen with EI/MCS is the "allergic reactions" are quite different from the generally allergic reactions most people have.

My daughter dealt with a lot of varying symptoms and wound up having severe enough problems that she took off two months from work on disability, then tried to go back, and even with using detoxing supplements to try to keep herself able to deal with the everyday exposures related to the EI she was going home sick usually at least twice a week.

She also went through all kinds of diagnostics and no one found anything wrong with her. Thank goodness she had a friend who was familiar with EI and suggested that that was a possibility early on in her illness. Eventually we went to alternative health care to find help with her EI, and today (a year and a half later) she is doing great.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2004, 05:37 PM   #3

Katt Fink HB User

Shannon, I was about to start my own thread but then I read this and I think I have a similar problem. Like you, I have been to the doctor and had almost every blood test imaginable, which also came back fine. My doctor all but laughs in my face and tells me there's nothing wrong with me and sends me home mystified every time. What's happeneing with me though is: I seem to go through these "spells" of excessive fatigue and hunger. They last anywhere from a few weeks to several months. I had to quit school because of it, I would sleep 12-15 hours per night and miss all my classes because I just couldn't wake up or function normally on less sleep than that. Right now I am going through one of these "spells" and my sleep routine goes something like this: sleep from 12am to 10am, wake up and eat entirely too much because I always feel hungry, then go back to sleep from about 11:30am to 3:00pm and I am STILL tired! Whenever I am not sleeping, I am eating entirely too much because for some reason I have a voracious appetite.. and over the past 2 years it's made me gain so much weight, which is causing me major depression to boot.

Last month I joined a gym because I thought it would give me more energy and help me lose weight. Nope! I am more tired than I ever remember being in my life and I've gained 13 pounds since I've been working out. I am at a loss to think of what could possibly be wrong, but if anyone has any suggestions as to what could be wrong, I'd appreciate it very much.

Shannon, sorry for stealing your thread! Good luck to you [ removed ]

Last edited by moderator2; 07-23-2004 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Please review the posting rules. Use this board anonymously and publicly, only. - no pm's. Thank you!

Old 07-12-2004, 06:42 PM   #4

shannon30 HB User

Thank you for the replys...Katt don't worry about stealing my thread.....You didn't. I am so sorry that you are so tired..mine is more weakness and off balance then anything else...Kathy I am going to try that out..Thank you

Old 07-13-2004, 12:38 PM   #5
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User

Katt, with you, the fatigue, it makes me wonder about adrenal fatigue. Have you tried looking at your diet? Often eating too many simple carbs and not enough good protein will cause fatigue. Try avoiding processed carbs (about anything prepackaged), sugars (especially the sugar substitutes like aspartame, Splenda, stevia, etc.) and grains. Try eating fresh, raw vegetables and fruits, and increase your red meat intake. I bet you'll feel amazing changes if you do that. Despite what most of our society tells you red meat is a necessary part of a healthy diet. There are nutrients you find in red meat you cannot get in any other food source, and they are absolutely necessary for maintaining optimal health.

Also don't forget water. A lot of fatigue is related to toxins. The best way to get toxins out of the body to activate the lymphatic system - exercise and water - lymphatic system is the body's waste system and it runs only on water and muscle movement. Also, because the lymphatic system has so much water in it, that is the first place the body pulls water from when it needs it somewhere else, leaving it inadequate supplies for doing its job, so toxins build. Rule of thumb on water intake is a quart per 50 pounds of body weight plus one quart every day (two if you are sick)(so at 100 pounds you would normally drink 3 quarts of water a day, and at 101 pounds you would drink 4).

Those simple things may make a huge difference for you (and for you too Shannon).

Kat

Old 07-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #6

lady_grey HB User

Kathy, I hear what you are saying about examining your diet and agree that increasing the water intake is smart but I think it would be hard to eliminate all sugars such as aspartame and splenda. I think that eliminating any type of food is bad because it causes the person to want to bindge on it later. I would suggest increasing the water and trying to eat smaller amounts of processed foods and filling it in with fruits and vegetables

Old 07-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #7
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Shannon, I totally understand what you are going through. I too have been feeling like this for 8 months now. I can't remember if we've talked before(my memory is horrible). You descibe what I am going through perfectly. It is the weakness and feeling faintish nearly all the time. Among many other symptoms.
Too weak to make dinner, I have been there many times!! Like you I have had an array of tests, all come back normal. My thyroid had come back abnormal but a 2nd test ruled it out. So I am still at a loss. I go back to the Dr yet again in a week, I don't know what more they can do for me. Hope your feeling ok, take care.

Abby

Old 07-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #8
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User

Temporary elimination of the processed carbs - sugars and grains - should do a lot for helping to see if indeed the the symptoms are related to them. And I definately would completely avoid Splenda and aspartame if possible, as those are neurotoxins. If you miss sugar and want something, try looking for xylitol - it is a sugar alcohol that has half the carbs of sugar and it is naturally occurring - and has many health benefits associated with it.

If the problem IS EI/multichemical sensitivity until the problem is fixed avoidance of foods that cause the problems IS the only way to avoid the symptoms and highly processed foods are a major problem for EIs. And if it is EI then water is very, very important, as is exercise.

Kat

Old 07-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #9

SHANNONLEE HB User

Thank you so much for the advice...I don't eat much at all with sugar..I haven't ate much at all period. I just wish I could feel like myself again....

Old 07-18-2004, 10:33 PM   #10
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Same here. My appetite has gone down the tubes. Some days I am lucky if I get out of bed much at all. I have not been able to connect it to anything I eat/drink. I was really hoping it was something like that. Hope you are doing ok Shannon, take care.

Abby

Old 07-18-2004, 11:53 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

yugokid HB User

I know how you feel, except i have felt this way for YEARS. i have had the ekg, arrythmias, shown then to be none life threating, poor diet and no work outs..... i gotta start eating better, no more fast food, just good quality foods. Im so out of shape that i cant even do more that a set of 10 stair flights with out stoping cause i strain my heart it hurts. so i know how you feel...all too well....

Old 07-20-2004, 01:02 PM   #12
(male)

SeraphisCain HB User

I know exactly how you feel. All the docs I've seen pretty much just pass me off as anxious and tell me I'm fine. And I even suggested that it may be EI or something like that (I lived in a 115 year old building that should have been condemned for 2 years). I still don't know what's wrong with me though. I feel weak and fatigued every day.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:16 PM   #13

Gtpchic31 HB User

hi, i feel the exact same way plus many more symptoms but i have anxiety/depression and just havent been but on any meds yet for it. I dont know if this helps but thats how my anxiety started and then progressed to what it is now

Closed Thread