It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 05:38 AM   #1

Taipan HB User
nighttime arm/leg numbness .......or something

i'm puzzeled by this
the last maybe three or four days in a row, maybe more, i've been waking up in the middle of the night with my right arm feeling strange, i dunno if "numb" is the right word really. because i can feel it, it feels more like it's either fallen asleep or popped out of joint, (which also has happened to me a few times, not while sleeping of course. ) after a few minutes it goes back to normal for the most part except for my shoulder joint feeling a little stiff and i fall back asleep. fine by the time i wake up in the morning. last night i think i woke up with that arm thing again. the problem is, i'm very out of it when i wake up in the middle of the night /early morning and now i'm not sure if it's even still happening or not, thanks to the fact i'm usually in some sort of daze when i wake up suddenly like this i'm not entirely sure how long this has been happening, or even if it is happening every time that i think ot is. also last night i seem to have woken up with my right leg feeling a similar way, i could move it and feel it and everything, but it felt like something was wrong with it. i'm walking around normally this morning as when it happened this disapeared after a couple minutes, this was the first time anything happened with my leg. i'm wondering if all of the sudden i've taken to sleeping on my right side enough to cause my right arm and leg to do this. could a fairly drastic change in sleeping habits have anything do do with this? is this a simple case of limbs falling asleep from laying on them? (occaisionally i've noticed that my arm has some pretty noticible sleep lines on it, suggesting i may have been on to of it. is it possible for you thigh to fall asleep though? and why did this just start now?) what else could be going on here? like i said, it only occurs while i'm sleeping. never experienced it when awake. right now it's just annoying, but i sort of want to make sure it's nothing like blood clot or something.
thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread