It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

HondaDoll HB User
Unhappy Always cold

I was just wondering if anyone else every feels like this...

I live in Pennsylvania and the climate here is of course hot in the summer and cold in the winter... but for some reason I am ALWAYS FREEZING!! My hands are always cold the most and my nose. And I feel so crazy cause I'm like always wearing a sweatshirt! And I notice everyone wearing shorts and tank tops but I can't do that cause I'm so cold and people look at me in my sweatshirt like I'm crazy! I even try to move around alot to stay active to keep warm but it doesn't help. I can't even bring myself to drink cold water or anything with ice in it cause I'm so cold!! What is wrong with me?

Anyone else feel this way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User
Re: Always cold

It sounds like hypothalamus to me. Try rubbing your temples (sides of your head by your eyes) for 20-30 seconds (keep your eyes open while rubbing, unless you want to adjust to the temperature for sleep) whenever you're too cold or too hot. You'll be amazed at how well it works.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jaydees HB User

You could also try a multivitamin that contains iron.

Be careful about a supplement that is just iron. Taken in high dose iron is toxic but the amount in one multivitamin wouldn't harm a 6 year old but may help build up your red blood cell count.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:49 AM   #4
(female)

HondaDoll HB User

Thanks for replying! The temple massage feels good and also feels like its releasing the tension. Its very relaxing.

See, what actually happened to me is I went to the doctor and got blood work done a month ago and he found that I have iron deficiancy anemia. He told me to make sure I get 300 mg of iron supplements a day cause I already take a multivitamin. But the problem is when I told him how cold I am he completely shrugged me off and told me it has nothing to do with the anemia! So I've been talking around to anyone who has any advice on how to keep warm or at least get my body to a normal temperature.

I wish I could just move to Arizona or Florida... anywhere with a really high climate!!

Thanx again!

Old 07-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
Inactive

Kathy Miller HB User

Did rubbing your temples make you feel less cold, besides relaxing you too? I've used that to keep warm when outside without a coat in winter before and had it work amazingly well.

Kat

Old 07-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
(female)

HondaDoll HB User

It really did help warm me up. Thats pretty neat and I'm glad something worked. Thank you!! I'm wondering... why the temples? Is it a mind over matter thing? Like, you put your concentration on your temples and you forget that your cold?.. Its a pretty neat trick. And it makes me happy!

Closed Thread