It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

heathcliff HB User
Wink How to make hair smell good?

Hello,
my hair is the one part of me I really like, so I try to take good care of it. It looks great, but it doesn't always smell great for some reason. Is there anything you can spray on it only for the purpose of making it smell good? I don't want a spray-on conditioner or anything like that. I'm probably asking about something that doesn't exist, but it's worth a try. Any ideas appreciated

Old 07-13-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User
Re: How to make hair smell good?

Heathcliff

I am assuming you are male? If not, please let me know. First, do you use a conditioner for your hair? That usually makes my hair smell real good. If you use a conditioner and are still having trouble, try to spray colonge or perfume(if you are a girl) in your hair. There are many men's/women's body sprays you can also use for your hair. It will not harm your hair at all. I hope I helped a little.

Chantel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 08:23 PM   #3

edaisy80 HB User

I use a detangler spray on my daughters hair. It really smell great. Evn after shes been outside playing and sweating you can smell it. It's inexpensive. I'm sure you can get it from Wal-Mart.I don't know where you live but we got ours from a grocery store called Winn-Dixie. I will write the name on here and tell you a little about what the product says on back. Its called:
DAILY
Re/newal 5x
Re/volumize (nourishing formula)

advanced 5x
detangle
technology

Apply to damp hair after shampooing. Spray liberally all over entire hair. Do not rinse out. Use everyday or as often as needed. Also great for spot conditioning on dry ends or fly-aways.

I've used it a couple of times myself when I was going out and had my hair down. It does work really well. My daughter is 2 1/2 and has never had her hair cut. Its down past her shoulder blades. I took her last month to have her hair checked for dead split ends. NOT ONE! So we're still not getting a hair cut yet. I hope this helps. I really do like it.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:55 PM   #4

Portia26 HB User

There is this awesome new fragrance called "Clean" that encapsulates the scent you have just coming out of the shower. They make a spray specifically to add fragrance to hair. The scent, in my opinion, is fine for men or women because it's just so clean and crisp, but if you find it a little too much on the citrusy side and therefore too feminine, look into "Hair and Body washes" that most men's fragrances will have in the fragrance line. If you don't feel the need to condition your hair (if you're a male or female with really short hair you really don't need too), then just choose you're favourite men's fragrance, buy the accompanying shampoo, use this shampoo and go!
Otherwise, if both these ideas somehow fail, there is always the smell of amazing product... some gels and pastes for hair smell great! Avoid spraying perfume directly into your hair, the alcohol can damage it. But, you might spray a little into your favourite gel/molding paste, wait a sec for the alcohol to dissolve, then use that... the possibilities are endless!

Old 07-13-2004, 10:48 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Hi Portia,

I just wanted to say that I have been spraying perfume in my hair for years and I have NEVER had any problems with it. Some gels also have alcohol in them too, so I don't think there would be a problem at all. Just my opinion of course

Chantel

Old 07-14-2004, 12:08 AM   #6

Portia26 HB User

You know Chantel, I was thinking about it after, and I think you have a point. I realized that a lot of hair products have alcohol in them (hairspray, etc). Anyways, my bad! lol

Old 07-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

((Hugs Portia))

No problem hun I am the hairspray queen! LOL Thank God my hair is still thick. I love spraying perfume in my hair cause it seems to last all day, even if I'm sweating. Everyone always tells me I smell good and that's usually after I hug them or walk past them, lol. So, I know the perfume is working, hehehehe

Closed Thread